• Welcome to Orpington Astronomical Society.

News:

New version SMF 2.1.4 installed. You may need to clear cookies and login again...

Main Menu

It's all good practice!!

Started by Carole, Sep 26, 2009, 11:22:51

Previous topic - Next topic

JohnP

QuoteWow!  Is that my image above?

Of course... :-) Just used curves in Pshop to bring up levels... took 5 secs.... John

Simon E

Carole,
Just picked up on this posting can you email me the original images, to my home account. I will send a pm with the address, and I'll have a play and see what I can get.

si
SW 130DPS reflector main imaging scope, SWST80 refractor Guide scope, HEQ5 Mount with syncscan
ZWO ASI 120MC 1/3" colour camera Guide camera, Nikon D5100 + D3100 Imaging cameras

Carole

Simon,

I've sent the original images to you, but I've just got a message back from the server to say your mailbox is full and some of the images have been rejected.

Let me know which ones you got OK, there should be 6 in all.

I have had to post this on line as your mail box is full.

Carole

Simon E

Thanks Carole,
I've been havinga little play.

simon
SW 130DPS reflector main imaging scope, SWST80 refractor Guide scope, HEQ5 Mount with syncscan
ZWO ASI 120MC 1/3" colour camera Guide camera, Nikon D5100 + D3100 Imaging cameras

Carole

How many came through as I've had another 2 messages saying the E mail was rejected Mail box full.

I tried to re-create what John did using curves, but I couldn't get any nebulosity to show.
What did you try Simon?

Carole

Simon E

I just played around with photoshop a lot and made the background darker,the stars bluer, then tried the star brush on the stars.... yes i know it was cheating. I think the exposure will have to be longer to get anymore detail.... but as we all know it's just a learning curb. At the end of the day you aren't gonna get something on the image if it isn't there. That's why I cheated with the star brush effect.

Si