• Welcome to Orpington Astronomical Society.

News:

New version SMF 2.1.4 installed. You may need to clear cookies and login again...

Main Menu

Introduction

Started by Jonathan, Oct 15, 2009, 10:26:30

Previous topic - Next topic

Jonathan

My interst in astronomy is in it's infancy - hope to see you next Tuesday evening

regards

Jonathan

Rick

Hi Jonathan,

Look for the bunch of reprobates in the corner of the pub on Tuesday. I've tweaked your group here so you should now be able to post in other parts of the forum.

MarkS

Hi Jonathan,

You'll find us a welcoming bunch whatever your level of knowledge. 

If you get along to Bromley Library in the next couple of weeks you'll find that the O.A.S. has a display there - part of the International Year of Astronomy.

Mark

Mac

Greetings,

and my the skies stay clear.

no doubt we will see you at some of the meetings.

Mac.

JohnP

Yep - welcome from me also I look forward to meeting you sometime - John

doug

Looking forward to meeting up with you on Tuesday evening.  It won`t take long for you to catch up; it didn`t take us too long.

Rose and Doug.  :)
Always look on the bright side of life ...

Mike

Welcome and hopefully see you next week.
We live in a society exquisitely dependent on science and technology, in which hardly anyone knows anything about science and technology. Carl Sagan

RobertM

Welcome Jonathan, I look forward to seeing you at one of the meetings.

Tony G

Welcome Jonathan,

You will soon soon start learning a thing or two on here, whether it has anything to do with Astronomy is another matter,  :)
But seriously, if you need to know anything, about anything, ask away and usually the answers will come flooding back.  ;)

Tony G
"I'm normally not a praying man, but if you're up there, please save me Superman." - Homer Simpson

Simon E

Quote from: Tony G on Oct 15, 2009, 20:05:00
Welcome Jonathan,

You will soon soon start learning a thing or two on here, whether it has anything to do with Astronomy is another matter,  :)
But seriously, if you need to know anything, about anything, ask away and usually the answers will come flooding back.  ;)

Tony G

Sometimes the answers are really technical  :o I mean really really technical, I now have more folders on my laptop called, Blacks, Flats etc then any other type ;)
But welcome from me, I am a new member as well but feel very welcomed.... It is a good place to learn new stuff I have already learned that to see lots of stars you need to point the telescope towards the sky as opposed to the ground. :lol: :lol:

And two main lessons i've also learn't in a month of membership are 1. You have to be mental and 2. You have to drink lot's of beer :afro: espically when you go outside on a cool autumn night and look skywards for 5 hrs :o

Si
SW 130DPS reflector main imaging scope, SWST80 refractor Guide scope, HEQ5 Mount with syncscan
ZWO ASI 120MC 1/3" colour camera Guide camera, Nikon D5100 + D3100 Imaging cameras

Carole

Hi Jonathan,

Well if you took Tony and Simon's posts in the humour they were intended you'll fit in well.  Just to say welcome and to let you know that there are a few sane people in the group as well as a few female members and not necessary both together!!!

I think you'll find us a friendly bunch and all eager to share their enthusiam and know how with you.

Carole

mickw

Keep away from the sane people, they're mental  :twisted:
Growing Old is mandatory - Growing Up is optional

Carole

Nice to meet you this evening Jonathan, hope you felt welcomed.
See you Thursday

Carole