• Welcome to Orpington Astronomical Society.

News:

New version SMF 2.1.4 installed. You may need to clear cookies and login again...

Main Menu

Pimp my Dob

Started by mickw, Aug 31, 2009, 11:55:37

Previous topic - Next topic

Ian

with a fricking laserbeam on it head...

(Scuse me while I go for a lay down)

Mac

Quotewith a fricking laserbeam on it head.

GREEN EYES.

You know who you are............. 8)

mickw

Quoteare you planning on going as far as lowering the suspension?

I have to be careful, last time I lowered my suspenders I got into trouble with the police  :oops:

QuoteGREEN EYES - You know who you are
Mac, you only have yourself to blame, you should not have let Daft Ada play with your light sabre  ;)

Dew shield on order from Telescope Planet - Not holding my breath  :-?

QuoteNodding dog
I was thinking of being subtle, something like sheepskin cover - No offence Tony.
With added LEDs and cold cathodes to cheer the chaps up at Kelling Heath  :twisted:

Must go, more stuff to order

Growing Old is mandatory - Growing Up is optional

Fay

Mick, should that have been "Primp my Dob?"
It is healthier to be mutton dressed as lamb, than mutton dressed as mutton!

Ian

or "pump my deb?"

Rick

or...

No. Some suggestions are better left un-written.

:twisted:

Fay

Rocket Pooch

Quote from: mickw on Aug 31, 2009, 11:55:37
*Sorted, double sided tape now sliced through with dental floss*  :o

Hi,

I have just re-fitted the primary back into my scope and added some bobbs knobbs (there great) when you replace the 9 sponge mirror holders use some double sided foam, you can get this from a craft shop, if you can't find any I have some left and I'll get it too you later this week.

Also I have taken out all the old collimation screws from mine, if you need any new ones (from my unused scope) let me know.

My Dob is now pimped, flocking behind the secondary, bobbs knobbs, stronger springs etc, and I had a laugh centre spotting the primary :-)  My newly coated primary is fantastic!

I't will be making an appearance on an EQ6 as soon as I can find some better counter weights.

Chris

P.S. Robo focus will also be on it soon :-)
Now where's Jupiter?

mickw

I'm going to take my primary to Basildon some time this week, possibly tomorrow.
Bobs knobs and springs also on order 8o)
Made a new az tension knob due to surplus of araldite on original, made new alt friction pad due to it being concave  :-?
I've got some d/s foam tape thanks anyway  8)

I'd thought of flock, but didn't want to make it too cozy for the spiders so I'll be taking the secondary and (other) spider out to respray the inside with matt black.

Collimation, after reassembly, may be entertaining - I'm thinking of selling tickets  :lol:

Mac

QuoteI'm thinking of selling tickets

I'll have two for the front please. Or i can swap you an entry ticket for Chris Lintott  ;)

Fay

I will have a ticket...could be a bigger demand than for CL!!!!!!!!

Tony G

Chris who?   :-?

Tony G
"I'm normally not a praying man, but if you're up there, please save me Superman." - Homer Simpson

mickw

Just picked up the mirror after re-coatong - Ooh Shiny  :)

The centre collimating dot has gone though, fortunately this means I will now be in a position to destroy all the  fine work Galvoptics have done  :cry:

Ian

Mick, you can mark the centre of the mirror using a centre punch and a good size hammer. Make sure you use a reasonably large hammer as glass is hard and doesn't dent very easily.

mickw

Should I put a piece of tape in the middle to stop the punch slipping  :)