• Welcome to Orpington Astronomical Society.

News:

New version SMF 2.1.4 installed. You may need to clear cookies and login again...

Main Menu

NGC 281 and M33

Started by Daniel, Aug 23, 2009, 22:10:11

Previous topic - Next topic

Daniel

Hi All, I wasn't sure wether to post these or not since they didn't come out as good as I'd hoped. Anyway, I thought, "what the hell" and im posting them anyway. One thing im quite happy with I guess is I finally have some star colour!

I did these as a low ISO experiment seeing if lower ISO and longer subs gave me better results than lots of higher ISO shorter length subs. tonight im trying the latter.

Anyway, details are as follows :-

M33 = 19x180s ISO 160

NGC 281 = 37x180s ISO 160

Daniel
:O)

Mac

The detail in those images is fantastic.

JohnP

M33 is very good - lovely colours & details.John

Daniel

Thanks guy's, actually I've realised one thing about the images, the colour is a LOT easyer to handle using the lower ISO, so maybe I won't give up on this just yet!

Daniel
:O)

JohnP

Daniel its a shame you couldn't get to the DSC this weekend we had some great skies .... Would be really interesting to see what you can do with that Hyperstar from a dark location - John

Daniel

I know, Im gutted, Im going to have to learn to drive this year, my mate who could have taken me was working that weekend :(

Fay

M33 is very nice Daniel. ISO 160 !!
It is healthier to be mutton dressed as lamb, than mutton dressed as mutton!

Carole

RobertM

Another excellent set of images.  Though I think the colour balance in the first is a bit too red.

Daniel

Hi Robert, I was thinking that too, going to re-process on the way home tonight!

MarkS

Very good Daniel.

You're getting some excellent results with that hyperstar - really sharp stars right to the edges.  You're certainly on a roll now ...

Mark