• Welcome to Orpington Astronomical Society.

News:

New version SMF 2.1.4 installed. You may need to clear cookies and login again...

Main Menu

Propeller Nebula in Cygnus

Started by RobertM, Jul 20, 2009, 21:14:33

Previous topic - Next topic

RobertM

I took this back on May 26th but have only just got around to processing it

Quite a bright distinctive nebula and aptly named, the official designation is DWB 111 (or if you prefer MRSL 479).

This is a composite of 4 x 20 minute subs taken with a Starlight-Xpress SXV-H9 camera with Astronomik 13nm Ha filter through a Takahashi Sky90 Refractor at f4.5.  DDP stretched in MaximDL, no darks bias or flat fields.

JohnP

You captured this really well... I recently saw it on UKAI for first time & thought it a really interesting object so placed on my todo list. You have done a great job getting this...

John

Daniel

Lovely image Robert, Might have to try this one myself once the weather clears, I hear that orpington way has a total power cut right now, if that's so and the weather clears you guy's could have some lovely dark nights ahead!

Daniel
:O)

MarkS

I like that image Robert.  I've never heard of this nebula before, but it looks very interesting.  You've certainly got a good capture there.

Mark

Mike

Quote from: Daniel on Jul 20, 2009, 21:51:24....I hear that orpington way has a total power cut right now....

News to me!
We live in a society exquisitely dependent on science and technology, in which hardly anyone knows anything about science and technology. Carl Sagan

RobertM

Thanks guys.

John, I saw it on UKAI last night and that prompted me to post it.

Daniel,  total power cut - which Orpington was that ?  A total power cut would be great - all my kit runs off batteries  :D

Mike

Great image Robert. Unusual shaped nebula that.
We live in a society exquisitely dependent on science and technology, in which hardly anyone knows anything about science and technology. Carl Sagan

Fay

what a superb image, Robert, I love it!

Fay
It is healthier to be mutton dressed as lamb, than mutton dressed as mutton!