• Welcome to Orpington Astronomical Society.

News:

New version SMF 2.1.4 installed. You may need to clear cookies and login again...

Main Menu

Pier Progress

Started by Fay, Jun 27, 2009, 18:33:27

Previous topic - Next topic

JohnP

Quotethe steel top has three positions where the, can't think of name, bit of metal that you move the head around against via the two black knobs can go. When you loosen the bolt that goes into the bottom of the head, then you can move position.

Fay if I didn't now what you were talking abut I would have said you had lost it... :-) I'm guessing explaining things was never your strong point... :-) :-) :-)

Fay

Do you know, I really could not think of how to explain it!!!!!
It is healthier to be mutton dressed as lamb, than mutton dressed as mutton!

RobertM

Well I'd say that was a perfectly normal non technical description, not a gangly pin or frip sprocket in sight   :o

Looks like you've done a really good job there Fay (John!) I hope it's pointing due north.  Mind you if it isn't then you could always twist the concrete base around till it was  ;)

MarkS

Fay,

That is one really impressive cloud generator.  The effect has been dramatic!

Mark

Mike

I'm pretty certain since you added all that weight that it has started to lean slightly. There is a subtle tilt there.
We live in a society exquisitely dependent on science and technology, in which hardly anyone knows anything about science and technology. Carl Sagan

Whitters

Nothing to do with piers, though it is a very nice one, It's all Ians fault, nearly pissed myself when i saw this one... http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fIXByCAIzos&feature=related

Whitters

Darn! It's usualy our job to persuade Fay to go out and buy stuff... I've been looking at these piers for a while now, and to see Fay's whopper in the garden she had gone and done it to me this time. Order placed for an AE pier. Just hope I can dig the pit without going thru our pipe that feeds the septic tank.

Mike

We live in a society exquisitely dependent on science and technology, in which hardly anyone knows anything about science and technology. Carl Sagan

Ian

Paul, make sure it's level won't you. Don't want it to end up like Fay's  :o

Gotta love those Lego animations. A project for next DSC do you think? A bit of stop motion animation?

doug

One of the piers on the South Coast wasn`t level and look what happened to that !!!  Or am I thinking of Donald Peers????  :-?

Always look on the bright side of life ...

Mike

Quote from: Ian on Jul 15, 2009, 10:09:42...Don't want it to end up like Fay's  :o...

Good point. Fay will realise her mistake when she tries to take images with this set-up. Make sure you don't do the same Paul.

Fay

Will sort you lot out when I come home.....just going to have a beer in The Irma, Cody, great atmosphere bikers haunt, just noticed a full sized bull over the road, a live one!!!!!! Must be advertising the rodeo tonight!!!!! 

Chris you were right about those straps.....................they make the bulls & horses buck!!!!!!!!
It is healthier to be mutton dressed as lamb, than mutton dressed as mutton!

Ian

on second thoughts...  :police:

Mike

Mac

Where did you get the plate to mount your eq6 on?

Only im thinking of scrapping the LX200, removing the OTA and just using it with the EQ6.

So there might be a Meade Mega wedge for sale soon (Duncan)

Might strip out the GPS unit though and mod the EQ6 with it.