• Welcome to Orpington Astronomical Society.

News:

New version SMF 2.1.4 installed. You may need to clear cookies and login again...

Main Menu

Galactic Arbor

Started by A.S.I.G.N_Baz, Jun 16, 2009, 13:32:51

Previous topic - Next topic

A.S.I.G.N_Baz

Last night out in the Canberra mountains was ironic, as I now have mountains of images to process, including a timelapse.

Here is a preview of one I worked on quickly while the others are batching. I was particularly impressed and fascinated by this tree in the darkness. It was incredibly huge.

This is a single frame, 35 seconds at ISO 1600 with a Canon 400D and 18-55mm lens. I took four darks tonight in a dark room just to remove the large amounts of noise. At 35 seconds, i had to stretch it a bit, but I am happy with the result.

I now have a heap to stack as well as finish the timelapse so I will leave you with this...

Cheers,

Baz.:D

Mike

It looks like that alien craft from the end of Close Encounters was passing overhead.
We live in a society exquisitely dependent on science and technology, in which hardly anyone knows anything about science and technology. Carl Sagan

JohnP

Incredible for a single 35 sec sub....! the skies must be so dark...... Jealous me NO surely not....!!!!!! John

Fay

Well I am definitely jealous!!!
It is healthier to be mutton dressed as lamb, than mutton dressed as mutton!

Mike

We live in a society exquisitely dependent on science and technology, in which hardly anyone knows anything about science and technology. Carl Sagan