• Welcome to Orpington Astronomical Society.

News:

New version SMF 2.1.4 installed. You may need to clear cookies and login again...

Main Menu

The Coathanger Asterism from UDSC

Started by RobertM, Jun 14, 2009, 13:24:09

Previous topic - Next topic

RobertM

9 x 5 mins with the Canon 450d and 200mm lens at f/2.8, unguided using the Astrotrac.

Fun (binned 2 x 2) : http://farm4.static.flickr.com/3626/3625028528_7422bca417_o.jpg

JohnP

Wow - Nice - some funky colours going on there.....

John

RobertM

I know what you mean John, will give that another go...

Fay

Can't comment, yet, Robert, where is the Coathanger?What is UDSC
It is healthier to be mutton dressed as lamb, than mutton dressed as mutton!

RobertM

The U in UDSC stands for Unofficial, I'll leave you to guess the rest and the Coathanger is in Vulpecula.

Tony G

Great image Robert.

Fay here is a clue to the coathanger.

;)

Tony G
"I'm normally not a praying man, but if you're up there, please save me Superman." - Homer Simpson

Mike

Quote from: RobertM on Jun 14, 2009, 17:44:36U in UDSC stands for Unofficial...

When did that happen??

Great picture by the way.
We live in a society exquisitely dependent on science and technology, in which hardly anyone knows anything about science and technology. Carl Sagan

Fay

Tony, have to have a bit of imagination there, good job you are up with it!!! :D
It is healthier to be mutton dressed as lamb, than mutton dressed as mutton!

RobertM

QuoteWhen did that happen??

I thought that's what Woodlands was !

Thanks for the Graffiti Tony :)

Mike

Woodlands is the Official DSC. Until further notice that is where they will all be held. 
We live in a society exquisitely dependent on science and technology, in which hardly anyone knows anything about science and technology. Carl Sagan

Tony G

Robert,

Sorry about that, I hope I didn't breach any copyright laws or anything.  ;)

Tony G
"I'm normally not a praying man, but if you're up there, please save me Superman." - Homer Simpson

Rocket Pooch

Nice one Robert, although something has happened with the colour ?

Fay the coat hanger fits really well in a ZS66 with a 25mm eye piece and its really distinctive when you look at it, its great to see it in a picture.

When is the next Official DSC if its at Woodlands I'll probably take the week off.

Mike