• Welcome to Orpington Astronomical Society.

News:

New version SMF 2.1.4 installed. You may need to clear cookies and login again...

Main Menu

Woodland Eagle

Started by RobertM, Jun 06, 2009, 14:21:01

Previous topic - Next topic

RobertM

Taken at the Orpington AS Deep Sky Camp at Woodlands.  This is a stack of a single 20min and a 6min sub (26min total) taken with the SXV-H9 Camera, Astronomik 13nm Ha filter and Sky90 Refractor@f/4.5 just before light stopped play.

The noise from this camera seems to be much lower now the USB Hub has some power getting to it though I can't quite work out why that would be !

Mike

That is absolutely stunning. You're best yet Robert.
We live in a society exquisitely dependent on science and technology, in which hardly anyone knows anything about science and technology. Carl Sagan

JohnP

That is nice Robert for such short exposure.

John

Rocket Pooch

Its amazing how large that object is, you nearly have the outer bits as well.....

Just need another 31 subs now :-)

Mac

mickw

That is good, well done Robert.

Is it me, or does that look like a clockwork chicken in the middle  :)
Growing Old is mandatory - Growing Up is optional

Fay

Robert,

is that great or what............how many more masterpieces have you to pull out of the bag!!!!!
It is healthier to be mutton dressed as lamb, than mutton dressed as mutton!

MarkS

Very nice Robert.

But you've got some serious competition from Mac   :D

Mark

doug

A wonderful image.  I believe the "clockwork chicken" are the "pillars of creation", or have I got it wrong again??
Always look on the bright side of life ...

Carole

This is me being stupid now.  When I first read the title of your "post", I thought woodland eagle meant you had been doing a bit of bird watching and was wondering what eagle I was going to see when I opened up.

Doh!!

This is the trouble with me also being a bird watcher.

Fab image btw.

Carole

RobertM

QuoteBut you've got some serious competition from Mac
Yep, he should get really good images when he has his guiding/flex nailed, that scope looks like a winner.

Doug, you can call it what you like, why not - the Americans do !

Chris - yes I know another 30 subs of 20mins and it will be finished  :o

Carole - you've been twitching too much, maybe it was the thought of seeing a Clockwork Chicken ;)

Mac

Quotemaybe it was the thought of seeing a Clockwork Chicken
I much preferred a Clockwork Orange. :lol:

MarkS

Quote from: Mac
I much preferred a Clockwork Orange. :lol:

I find the cogs break my teeth  :(