• Welcome to Orpington Astronomical Society.

News:

New version SMF 2.1.4 installed. You may need to clear cookies and login again...

Main Menu

Draft Pelican Nebula

Started by Rocket Pooch, May 31, 2009, 14:30:31

Previous topic - Next topic

Rocket Pooch

Hi,

Been away this weekend again, fell asleep Friday night, but I did setup my kit last night and did 25x10minute Ha on the pelican nebula with the ZS66.  I'm going to try the coma corrector on this scope there is curvature...

This is a draft image, I have 6 sets I now need to process, but hey, thats a job for bad nights.

I found another campsite with a fishing lake which charges £5 per person per night, if I can find out where I was I'll put it up on behind the scenes.

Anyway, here you go...

full size link http://farm4.static.flickr.com/3346/3580895131_c33899123f_o.jpg

JohnP

As usual very good. I like your style of imaging - set it going & fall asleep - I must try this myself...

Curvature doesn't look too bad on this image.

John

Mike

That's really crisp. I like it.
We live in a society exquisitely dependent on science and technology, in which hardly anyone knows anything about science and technology. Carl Sagan

RobertM

Very nice Chris, that's one on my list for later this year.  I know there's coma but the stars look pretty good despite that.

It certainly needed to 4 hours, all you need now is SII and OIII to bring out some depth.

Fay

Very nice Chris, you must teach us how to do it while in a coma!! :lol: :lol:
It is healthier to be mutton dressed as lamb, than mutton dressed as mutton!

Tony G

Quote from: Space Dog on May 31, 2009, 14:30:31
I'm going to try the coma corrector
Chris,

Is this the another way of saying 'No more drink!'.  ;)
Great image, and the weekend trip seems to have been worth while. Try and sort out the camp details so we can have a look.

Tony G
"I'm normally not a praying man, but if you're up there, please save me Superman." - Homer Simpson

Mac

Very nice.
I was going to atempt this as well last night, but its a long story
Mac.

RobertM

I gather from this that the Coma corrector in question isn't a piece of glass at all but some strange method of cheating excess inebriation !

Rocket Pooch

As it happens I setup my scope focused on the object and then set it for 32x10 minute images, jumped into my sleeping bag went to sleep and woke up 3 hours later, so technically I was in a coma as well.

Lazy imaging!

RobertM

The Thing

Lovely pic. It really looks like a billowing cloud. You sure it's not Woodland's barbecue smoke?