• Welcome to Orpington Astronomical Society.

News:

New version SMF 2.1.4 installed. You may need to clear cookies and login again...

Main Menu

OAS Christmas Drink

Started by Mike, Dec 11, 2003, 15:47:00

Previous topic - Next topic

Mike

Right.... Who fancies coming out on Friday 19th around 0730 at a pub (to be decided by the masses) for a Christmas Drink? If anyone is up for it please post a reply and we can make some definite plans.

We live in a society exquisitely dependent on science and technology, in which hardly anyone knows anything about science and technology. Carl Sagan

Rocket Pooch

I would love to, but I'm picking up the kids that night :sad: But I'll see what I can do.

JohnP

I know that Christmas is a time for celebrating & of course drinking but 0730 is a little too earlier....:smile:

Cheers, John.

Mike

0730 is just a guide time, you can make it as late as you like. Personally i'm happy to go with the consensus. If everyone decides on a venue and time then whatever that decision is will be fine with me.

[ This Message was edited by: Mike on 2003-12-11 17:44 ]
We live in a society exquisitely dependent on science and technology, in which hardly anyone knows anything about science and technology. Carl Sagan

malcolm

Cudham's blacksmith arms has plenty of space.  It's rather a trek though.
Perhaps the crown on Bromley common opposite the college?

Whitters

THe Crown sounds good, lots of busses

Ian

seeing as I'm going to miss the meeting on the 18th, I'm up for it. Like Rick, I think that 0730 is a little early, how does 1930 sound to everyone?

Rick

Did I say anything about 07:30? :wink: Seems like a fine time to meet after a freezing all-night observing session. :wink: Dunno whether we'd find any pubs open then, though. :wink:

JohnP

Hi Ian,

19:30 sounds a lot more reasonable to me...:smile: I hope I can make it but my wife is actually booked into the Princess Royal Hospital (Farnborough)to give birth on that day. I know I have to get my priorities right but I somehow don't think I would be forgiven if I wasn't there:-)

Cheers,  John.

Mike

Well spotted, you passed the test... Ahem..

OK, so lets take a vote then. How many are up for The Crown at 1930 on the 19th ??

[ This Message was edited by: Mike on 2003-12-12 18:22 ]

Whitters

Miriam

Jeff and I are up for a Christmas drink at 1930 on 19 December at the Crown in Bromley,
so count us in!

Mike

Excellent - Any more ??

Sue

Sorry, won't be able to make it - providing taxi service for my boys' sporting activities!

[ This Message was edited by: Sue on 2003-12-14 11:14 ]

Greg

I would like to come - Oh! and anytime suits me. Great idea.