• Welcome to Orpington Astronomical Society.

News:

New version SMF 2.1.4 installed. You may need to clear cookies and login again...

Main Menu

Tonights Meeting

Started by Fay, Apr 23, 2009, 22:18:54

Previous topic - Next topic

Fay

Mike, I thought your talk on Tycho Brahe was one of the most interesting I have heard. You are a very good orator.
It is healthier to be mutton dressed as lamb, than mutton dressed as mutton!

MarkS

I was really upset that I was unable to attend tonight. 
I was looking forward to that talk.

Mark

Ian

don't worry Mark it was rubbish.

Tycho Brahe had a false nose ffs... and a moose. Loose. Aboot this, erm, staircase.

Mac

Very interesing talk.
Cheers.
Mac.

Mike

We live in a society exquisitely dependent on science and technology, in which hardly anyone knows anything about science and technology. Carl Sagan

Fay

I thought it would be boring, Mike, I usually shut my ears off after a while & think about other things. I kept well alert for your talk, Mike!!

Carole

I thought it was very interesting too and told Mike so in the pub afterwards.

Carole

Tony G

Well done Mike,

Really enjoyed the talk, and a great presentation which I was able to follow easily (VERY BIG WORDS).
Worth staying awake for.  ;)

Keep up the good work.

Tony G
"I'm normally not a praying man, but if you're up there, please save me Superman." - Homer Simpson

The Thing

Good talk Mike, you must have done a lot of preparation. Very interesting to know that we don't know what he definitively looked like, maybe he avoided the artists because of his nose?

Fay

Perhaps he was really that moose in disguise :lol:

Tony G

Mike,

Is this the book you suggested on Thursday?

Tycho & Kepler: The Unlikely Partnership by  Kitty Ferguson

Tony G
"I'm normally not a praying man, but if you're up there, please save me Superman." - Homer Simpson

Fay

Where did he get a moose from in those days? They are quite an aggressive animal as well. He must have had a lot to drink to be unsteady a creature of that size :o

Ian

nah, he just had a nose for that kind of thing.

Mike

Quote from: Tony G on Apr 25, 2009, 00:14:52
Mike,

Is this the book you suggested on Thursday?

Tycho & Kepler: The Unlikely Partnership by  Kitty Ferguson

Tony G

Yep that's the one.
We live in a society exquisitely dependent on science and technology, in which hardly anyone knows anything about science and technology. Carl Sagan

Ken

Congratulations on a well presented talk. Have you considered giving the talk elsewhere? I'm sure that other clubs in the South East would be interested in hearing it.
Ken P