• Welcome to Orpington Astronomical Society.

News:

New version SMF 2.1.4 installed. You may need to clear cookies and login again...

Main Menu

Dare I Say Desktop

Started by Fay, Mar 27, 2009, 15:13:34

Previous topic - Next topic

JohnP

I ain't ever going to be allowed to forget that Commuter typo am I ???????

Rocket Pooch

I would not worry about it did you see Mike's?

Mike

We live in a society exquisitely dependent on science and technology, in which hardly anyone knows anything about science and technology. Carl Sagan

Rocket Pooch

"What's the point of a star rounding plug-in if you need to start with rounded stars to ebing with?"

Ian

you mean you've never ebinged around a star? I think it originated in Yorkshire.

JohnP

I'm confused I thought Mike was referring to the famous astronomer.....Baron Richard Von Krafft-Ebing.....

Rocket Pooch

ok guys my fault, I thought it was an error, I sit here with a nearly empty bottle of wine corrected

Mac

QuoteWhen I turn the desktop on, a black screen with a windows message comes up every time. It flashes on & off so fast I can never read what it is about. Is there a way of keeping it on there to read?

video it. 8)

and then play it back.

to get that message back up, just hit the F8 key,

Ian

of course, sorry John you're right. How could I forget the eminent Kraftt-Ebing dynasty. IIRC, one of them is credited with the discovery that adding diffraction spikes on stars always makes the image look like one from Hubble. And that the effect is more pronounced the larger the spikes are, without limit. I think adding colour to them came later though.

Fay

I suppose I can safely say you are all kidding?????????????????????????? :o :o :o :o :o :o :o
It is healthier to be mutton dressed as lamb, than mutton dressed as mutton!

Rocket Pooch

doug

............. and I thought I was an oddball..............  :roll:
Always look on the bright side of life ...

Ian

don't worry Doug, you are mate :)

Tony G

Fay,

I had those subliminal messages as well,
Do what I did, just went out a bought a new one, that way the problem is not persistant.
So that's 12 computers, 6 monitors and 11 keyboards I have around the house now, just hope nothing goes wrong with this one as there's no room left.

Tony G 
"I'm normally not a praying man, but if you're up there, please save me Superman." - Homer Simpson

Ian

Fay, to answer your first question, "Dare I say desktop" I think we've safely concluded it'd be best not to. They do have 2 for 1 deal on discombobulators in PC World at the moment, now might be a good time to get in a couple, just in case.