• Welcome to Orpington Astronomical Society.

News:

New version SMF 2.1.4 installed. You may need to clear cookies and login again...

Main Menu

Lulin video from ASIGN Observatory

Started by A.S.I.G.N_Baz, Feb 25, 2009, 09:14:58

Previous topic - Next topic

A.S.I.G.N_Baz

Hi all,

Finally ironed out my signal noise problem thanks to a friend on another forum. Thanks mate. My power cable was running parallel to my usb cable and was causing horrid grid-lines across the images.

I shot 21 frames of 180 seconds only to have my camera stop inexplicably.

It wasn't a total loss, as the 21 frames were pretty good. It just would have been nicer to have more without the interruption. If I had shot another sequence, I would have had a big jump in the video, so I thought it best to go for quality rather than quantity.

I have the video on U-Tube, Vimeo and on my web page, with all my other time-lapses.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nXhBfsgsZpU

http://vimeo.com/3361732

http://www.asignobservatory.com/widefield_and_time-lapse.aspx

Hope you all just LOVE it!

Baz.

Fay

Very good Baz, hope to get it myself!!
It is healthier to be mutton dressed as lamb, than mutton dressed as mutton!

Carole

Excellent, and I love the Ozzy music, is it a diggeridoo? 

Carole

Tony G

Great sequence Baz.

So that's what it looks like.
I think the only way we'll see this, due to the cloud, is if it suddenly changes course and lands in Kent.
Saying that we did observe it on Saturday night visually through binos when we were at DSC, when we had a freak weather pattern and the clouds disappeared to allow us a quick glimpse of the heavens for the first time this year.

Anyway G'day to ya, and keep up the good work.

Tony G
"I'm normally not a praying man, but if you're up there, please save me Superman." - Homer Simpson

MarkS

Great one Baz!!

Carole, what on earth do you mean, didgeridoo? That's PINK FLOYD!!!!!

A.S.I.G.N_Baz

Quote from: Carolepope on Feb 25, 2009, 17:41:41
Excellent, and I love the Ozzy music, is it a diggeridoo? 

Carole
maybe guitars sound different to northern hemisphereians because they are upside down......... :lol:

Thanks Carol, for the compliment and the giggle.....I'm laughing with you....really...hehehehe ;)

Carole

QuoteCarole, what on earth do you mean, didgeridoo? That's PINK FLOYD!!!!!
Well apologies to Pink Floyd, I am a classical music person and know hardly anything from the pop world.

Having been entertained by a diggerdoo at Ayers Rock for over an hour, there are some very mellow sounds it can make and it sounded a bit like one to me plus some other instruments.

Oh well, that's me wrong again!!

Carole

A.S.I.G.N_Baz

Quote from: Carolepope on Feb 27, 2009, 23:47:48
QuoteCarole, what on earth do you mean, didgeridoo? That's PINK FLOYD!!!!!
Well apologies to Pink Floyd, I am a classical music person and know hardly anything from the pop world.

Having been entertained by a diggerdoo at Ayers Rock for over an hour, there are some very mellow sounds it can make and it sounded a bit like one to me plus some other instruments.

Oh well, that's me wrong again!!

Carole

I thought I was wrong once, way back in 1980, but I was mistaken. ;)