• Welcome to Orpington Astronomical Society.

News:

New version SMF 2.1.4 installed. You may need to clear cookies and login again...

Main Menu

Caroles First Deep Sky Attempt, was - Re: Deep Sky Camp - February 20th 2009

Started by Carole, Feb 23, 2009, 09:14:41

Previous topic - Next topic

Ian

Mike was waltzing? I don't recall that turning up on the "things to do at DSC" thread...

Carole

QuotePaul here NOT. I have been called Malcolm many times by many people of the years but never Paul

I think the confusion arose from me asking Mike about capture settings in K3 and he said he wasn't familiar with K3 but Paul was.  So when a tall person in a woolley hat came over, in the dark, I just assumed it was Paul.

I was obviously more intent on what I was doing rather than looking at the person talking to me.

Paul was even more confused later when I went to ask him about something I thought "he had told me to do", because he didn't have a clue what I was talking about.  I then got even more confused thinking "this guy's just told me all this and now he doesn't remember"!!!  thought he was either winding me up or I was going balmy.  Anyway, eventually the penny dropped.

Duh!!!!!!!!!

The joys of working in the dark.

Carole

Fay

It is healthier to be mutton dressed as lamb, than mutton dressed as mutton!

Carole

John,
QuoteHave you got long exposure control setup in K3..? You need to set up the LX port control settings in options/ settings.
Have now got laptop on.

Under options/settings Under camera SC mod there is LX mode ON and under Jg mod long exposure settings, not sure which I should be using or what any of the other things mean.  

I have got a long exposure button (camera with a yellow frame).

Should I also be entering the telescope and CCD camera settings according to my set up in CCD button?

Carole

Ian

you should use the SC mod. The JG mod is for a different sort of camera. The camera will have a parallel port connection (or maybe serial) that the computer will use to control the shutter of the camera. Steve Chambers did try and find a way of controlling the shutter over the USB port, but it's not possible.

The telescope and CCD setting are worth setting, but it'll work quite happily without. IIRC there's a CCD calculator that'll give you field of view and so on. I think those setting might be important to guiding too, but I don't use K3 for guiding so I don't know.

Rocket Pooch

Well done Carol, you will not spend all your life waiting for clear skies.....

Mac

Quoteyou will not spend all your life waiting for clear skies
Just most of it. :lol: