• Welcome to Orpington Astronomical Society.

News:

New version SMF 2.1.4 installed. You may need to clear cookies and login again...

Main Menu

My lightbuckets run has completed

Started by MarkS, Feb 15, 2009, 11:33:00

Previous topic - Next topic

MarkS

My LightBuckets run happened last night.  The framing was O.K. and the guidestar was slected O.K.  But where has all that lovely red emissivity gone?

Here's the quick preview I've assembled from the RGB of my target, the Running Man:

So what happened?  Does an R-filter usually allow the H-alpha frequency through? Should I have done an H-alpha in addition?

Mark

JohnP

Umm.. . Ha is at 656nm & this falls right in the middle of bandpass of a typical R filter (at least Astronomik) so yes R filter should definitely let Ha through... No idea why there is no red. What were details on exposure? Also got those dreaded diffraction spikes (love them or hate them....)

John

MarkS

The problem seems to be that I just don't have enough data to bring out the colour.  Here is an image of Running Man from the LightBuckets gallery (but many hours of exposure):

http://gallery.lightbuckets.com:80/alvin/photo/7099/

RobertM

I'm trying a 2x2 bin of M82 in Ha but it's a bit of a juggle fitting it in 60 mins.  Would be an (even more) expensive hobby doing it this way!!!

Mac

Hurah.

My light buckets has finished.
Had the E-mail last night to say, it started.
then it was rescheduled
then restared
then rescheduled
then restared
and finally FINISHED.

Just downloading the 300 Meg+ files! :o
1 each in LRGB 4*20Meg
1 Dark 40Meg
1 bias 40Meg
1Flat for each LRGB 4 * 40Meg.

Thank goodness my broadband is running at full speed,

Mac.

Mac

Guess what, i recieved this e-mail today.

Hello Michael,
After reviewing the data that was obtained in your imaging run, M33 on LB-0005, it was decided that your imaging run data did not meet our quality standards. This could be due to weather conditions such as clouds or bad seeing. We have gone ahead and requeued your imaging run for the next best available time. It has been noted that your run was reset due to: Guiding was not prime Clear Skies! ~The LightBuckets Team

Interesing,

So i get another go.
hurah

MarkS

Mac,

Hey, that's cool!
Any chance you can show us a quick preview anyway :-)

Mark