• Welcome to Orpington Astronomical Society.

News:

New version SMF 2.1.4 installed. You may need to clear cookies and login again...

Main Menu

Yes you can put a 12" GSO Dob onto an EQ6

Started by Rocket Pooch, Jan 31, 2009, 12:09:51

Previous topic - Next topic

Rocket Pooch

Daniel

That's crazy, and there's me worrying about putting a 14" on a CGE!

Rocket Pooch

yes it is, but i picked one up f0r £250, which will probably be the same cost as the rings?

Daniel

wow, that's amazing, what tyoe of mountings does it have on the bottom?

Rocket Pooch

they have a 9 point secondary support,

RobertM

They are really amazing planetary images, in particular the one of the moon looks like it was taken from a NASA orbiter !!!

Rocket Pooch

Ok, now all I need is a volunteer or two to hold the thing against the mount whist I measure if it will fit on the mount in the observatory, and next week as astrofest I hope to order the rings, and counter weight.

But I must remember to order:

Bobbs knobs, primary and secondary
   Neoprene sheet
   Flocking paper
   Kyrlon ultra flat black paint
   Larger fan
   2 x Peltier
   Baffle material
   Baader MPCC

Not doing the secondary any more, that can wait.  Now whats the chance of me getting this all done and the EQ6 actually being able to guide it at 1.5 meters?  Planetary will be ok, but deep sky?

Chris

Tony G

Chris,

Just give me a bell and I'll come round to help, anytime.

Tony G
"I'm normally not a praying man, but if you're up there, please save me Superman." - Homer Simpson

Fay

Chris, Robert pointed out a scope of your size. I was a bit overcome, I could not believe how big it is & how it fits on your mount!!
It is healthier to be mutton dressed as lamb, than mutton dressed as mutton!

Rocket Pooch

Yo be honest I'm not sure it will fit, but I'm going to try it..

Fay

It is healthier to be mutton dressed as lamb, than mutton dressed as mutton!

Rocket Pooch

Rocket Pooch

Fay,

Sorry for that answer it was a little short and confusing so I should expand.

I got the scope because it was going for a bargain, I thought it was better to use my loaf and not spend more than a monkey to get a large scope, as it happened I only had to spend ten pony on the the scope from someone who looked like a little like ginger beer.

Anyway, being a bit of a chutney, I can't get the scope onto the Southend protuberance on my own.

When it arrives both Robert and Tony have volunteered to give me a Jimmy around about Chinese dentist on match day to see if I can erect it without doing it on my own and making myself a complete banker.  Having said that I am concerned about my Clement's , all that strain might make the next Richard a bit painful, especially if I had to do it myself.

Anyway, so to answer your question about my imminent erection, I have no idea if it will fit.  But I do know I will need some apples to be able to bog into it.

Chris