• Welcome to Orpington Astronomical Society.

News:

New version SMF 2.1.4 installed. You may need to clear cookies and login again...

Main Menu

Imaging session Jan 2009

Started by Carole, Jan 23, 2009, 23:05:09

Previous topic - Next topic

RobertM

There's this on on the SPA classifieds forum if your interested and I'm sure he would take an offer but see what others think first...

WO Megrez 72 APO, excellent condition. (£250)
CG5 GT mount, excellent condition. (£275)
WO Vixen-style dovetail plate (G-VP), excellent condition (£30)
WO 2" extender tube (WE-EX2, excellent condition (£20)
WO 0.8x reducer/field flattener V.III, excellent condition (£110)
Tele Vue 5x Powermate, excellent condition (£100)
Philips Toucam (PCVC840K/20), as new (£10)
Kood EOS adapter (£10)
WO 1.25" dielectric (£50)

Or...everything for £750.

Please contact me with offers...

Ian

I think that'd do nicely to be getting along with. You could always sell on anything in the kit you don't want. Then you've still got around 700 quid in the budget to get filters, new laptop and an observatory. Ok that might be pushing it a bit...

JohnP

Wot about camera?

My recommendation would definitely be to got LX modded B&W chipped webcam - You will learn loads - As I said in my talk at the session up High Elms things like finding the object, Focus, Processing, Guiding will be 90% of the issues you have & you can do all these with an inexpensive modded camera. If you really want to go with a dedicated B&W camera than you can't go far wrong with tAtik 16ic for £390 (less 2nd hand) It's what I still use.

John

Carole

Thanks for that tip off Robert, didn't know what half the things were, but have looked on the internet.  Not sure if I need all those items but will speak to Mike if I can this evening about the Mount and scope,

John, tAtik 16ic for £390 looks good, will have a search for a 2nd hand one as you suggested in the first instance.  what did you think of the one offered me by Bernard QHY6 post yesterdat at 1.59?

Carole

Carole

Hi Robert,

Following a chat with Mike tonight I have contacted the seller through the Site and am awaiting a reply.  Does depend where he lives though as I don't want to travel to the other side of the country to collect it.

Watch this space.

Carole

Mike

I am amazed this thread has gotten so off topic and has gone so far without the forum Police intervening  :o
We live in a society exquisitely dependent on science and technology, in which hardly anyone knows anything about science and technology. Carl Sagan

Carole

QuoteI am amazed this thread has gotten so off topic and has gone so far without the forum Police intervening
Yes so am I, can you re-name a thread?  Should be re-named, Carole's Efforts to progress to DS Imaging.

or shall I start a new one?

Just to say, thanks to Robert, looks like I will soon be the owner of:

WO Megrez 72 APO, excellent condition. (£250)
CG5 GT mount, excellent condition. (£275)
WO Vixen-style dovetail plate (G-VP), excellent condition (£30)
WO 2" extender tube (WE-EX2, excellent condition (£20)
WO 0.8x reducer/field flattener V.III, excellent condition (£110)
Tele Vue 5x Powermate, excellent condition (£100)
Philips Toucam (PCVC840K/20), as new (£10)
Kood EOS adapter (£10)
WO 1.25" dielectric (£50)

Then I will need to get the cameras.
Already got a Guidescope (Mark sold me one a while back)

Many thanks Mike for all your advice last night.

Carole