• Welcome to Orpington Astronomical Society.

News:

New version SMF 2.1.4 installed. You may need to clear cookies and login again...

Main Menu

layers/ masks, hopefully conquered after 100 hours and 3 weeks

Started by Fay, Jan 20, 2009, 22:11:48

Previous topic - Next topic

Carole

Having read this thread with great interest, I contacted Daniel through windows live messenger (we have had a couple of chats this way before) and asked him what masking was.  He sent me a couple of files and took me through the process remotely (so he could see what I was doing on my computer).  After a short while (with a few hiccups) I completed doing a mask. 

We thought we'd post this as we thought this was a good method of showing some-one how to do something and actually be able to see what they are doing at the same time, assuming of course they have remote access on their PC.  Neither Daniel nor myself had ever tried remote access (at home) before.

So another bit of info I have up my sleeve.  Just need to get my finger out and get some new equipment and get out there and do some imaging.  Might have more time now I have finally retired.

Carole

JohnP

Cool - 'Cyber Tuition....'

Carole - I have to say you seem really enthused with the imaging side now with all the questions etc. you are asking... I look forward to seeing your first image in Astronomy Now or image of the month at OAS...

John

Carole

QuoteI look forward to seeing your first image in Astronomy Now or image of the month at OAS...
Thanks John, but I have a long way to go to catch up with all the fabulous imagers in the group.  I am just trying to get my head around it all and am approaching it slowly and cautiously and picking brains and reading (and saving) threads so I have a good idea (and references) by the time I get to do it myself. 

Have been very lazy for the last few months as I was getting frustrated with certain aspects of planetary imaging, and have decided I need to go on to the next stage or I will be stuck there forever. 

Also can't really afford the full financial layout all in one go, so might have to do it in stages.

Carole