• Welcome to Orpington Astronomical Society.

News:

New version SMF 2.1.4 installed. You may need to clear cookies and login again...

Main Menu

Pleiades with colour added...

Started by RobertM, Jan 21, 2009, 21:20:44

Previous topic - Next topic

RobertM

This is the Pleiades image I posted a while back with 30 x 1min of each HaGB.  It's a bit noisy but I had to abort this to finish off the Rosette so don't complain about it.  Also there was a little camera rotation problem so you'll see lines at the sides but hopefully they aren't too obvious.

Link to full size: http://farm4.static.flickr.com/3502/3216433650_a5cf6f8c7f_o.jpg

Robert

Fay

I have just seen this, Robert. I remember you doing the colour & it has come out very well.
It is healthier to be mutton dressed as lamb, than mutton dressed as mutton!

MarkS

Stunning detail in that nebulosity - I love it!

Mark

Carole

Quotethere was a little camera rotation problem so you'll see lines at the sides
I'm blowed if I can see any camera rotation or lines.

Robert, you say you have added colour, are you saying you have artificially added colour that wasn't captured (i.e. in photoshop), or are you saying you have added some coloured frames of the image that you did separately and have now added (I'm still trying to get my head around what you guys are doing before I take the next step).

Carole

JohnP

Very nice Robert as usual. Not quite as smooth as your other images but that's obviously down to the smaller number of frames. Tons of nebulosity & very nice FOV - you got the whole thing in... :-)

Nice one,  John

RobertM

I really should get some more data for this but it'll have to wait till next year now, there are too many other faint nebulae out there crying out to have their photo done!

Carole, all the colour data was captured, none of it was artificial.

Carole

QuoteCarole, all the colour data was captured, none of it was artificial.
Thanks Robert.

Carole