• Welcome to Orpington Astronomical Society.

News:

New version SMF 2.1.4 installed. You may need to clear cookies and login again...

Main Menu

Not very Exciting - M35...

Started by JohnP, Jan 07, 2009, 18:53:33

Previous topic - Next topic

JohnP

Went to add more subs to my JellyFish Neb last night but SNR was horrible (maybe light mist/ moon didn't help) so decided not to bother instead went to nearby m35 & got an hours worth in 3min subs... You can also just see part of NGC2158 (compact cluster) down bottom left corner..

For some reason I had loads of issues with flats last night... I'm beginning to think it was ice somewhere on the optics (even though they looked like dustbunnies) & my flats didn't get rid of them so ended up having to crop image..

Anyway here it is,  John

RobertM

Very nice John, and a good idea to go for a cluster - seeing was bad for me to.  I had Ice crystals growing off the optics on the guide scope last night so I'm not at all surprised that some ice may have spoilt your image.

And I disagree, I find all the images exciting!

MarkS

That's a really pleasing image John.  I had forgotten how nice clusters can be.  I'll have to try a few myself.

Well done.

Mark

JohnP

Thks Robert, Mark.. your comments are appreciated.

I've added a few discrete spikes to try & 'spice' it up a bit...... :-)

Cheers,  John

Ian

That's good John. Now you've put the spikes on it, all it's missing is an imperial star destroyer. :D

Rick

Quote from: Ian on Jan 08, 2009, 14:46:26
That's good John. Now you've put the spikes on it, all it's missing is an imperial star destroyer. :D

...and a Death Star (or two), and some cool lens-flare effects, and the right music, and...  :twisted:

Mike

Quote from: JohnP on Jan 08, 2009, 14:21:45..........I've added a few discrete spikes to try & 'spice' it up a bit...... :-)......

NNNNNNNNNNNNOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!  :surprised:
We live in a society exquisitely dependent on science and technology, in which hardly anyone knows anything about science and technology. Carl Sagan

JohnP

ahhh.... but at least Rick has commented on one of my images.... :-) I knew you'd appreciate them Rick...

Mike

Looks pretty nice actually (the one without the stars). Nice and sharp. I know not everyone likes them, but I am a fan of pictures of globulars. Especially if they are in colour.
We live in a society exquisitely dependent on science and technology, in which hardly anyone knows anything about science and technology. Carl Sagan

JohnP

Thks Mike...

Quote(the one without the stars)

I presume you mean spikes... Here is the one without the stars....  :lol:

PS - I will try & add some RGB...

Mike

LOL !!!   :lol:

Yes the one without the spikes I meant.

Ian

I don't know, I think a couple of diffraction spikes on your last effort John and you're sorted.

Of course, the next question is, what on Earth were you doing out in your back garden in the cold for. You could have got that image with 5 minute exposures under a tiled roof with the heating on...

JohnP

QuoteI think a couple of diffraction spikes on your last effort John and you're sorted.

Just 4U Ian....

I'm done with this now - No more reprocesses....!!!!

Rick

Quote from: JohnP on Jan 08, 2009, 15:35:50
ahhh.... but at least Rick has commented on one of my images.... :-) I knew you'd appreciate them Rick...
On reflection, I'm wondering whether a Black Monolith and a healthy dose Ligeti wouldn't be more appropriate.  :twisted:

Quote from: JohnP on Jan 08, 2009, 17:52:05
I'm done with this now - No more reprocesses....!!!!

"Oh my god! It's full of stars!"

Ian

thanks john :) I really like that one.