• Welcome to Orpington Astronomical Society.

News:

New version SMF 2.1.4 installed. You may need to clear cookies and login again...

Main Menu

WIP - JellyFish Neb - IC443

Started by JohnP, Jan 04, 2009, 17:51:37

Previous topic - Next topic

JohnP

This is an interesting looking Neb. I grabbed this Friday night - it's my first in about 4months & it actually took me longer setting all my equip up & getting it working than it did to get the subs... :-(

Mark - My stuff was all still packed away from when we went to Riberac...

Anyway - Atik 16ic + ZS66 & 0.8X flattener. Ha - 24X300secs

Needs longer & more subs to reduce noise (or a Hyperstar... :-) ) but it's a start..

Cheers,  John

Rocket Pooch

very nice, one for France next year :-)

Whitters

Interesting looking object John

Daniel

Fantastic image John, I had a go at this last week but wasn't able to resolve much apart from the "bell" of the jellyfish, great job!

Daniel
:O)

JohnP

Cheers Chris, Paul, Daniel...

Chris not sure if Olly has ever done this but I would say it would be superb from Les Granges - something along the lines of the Pacman...

Daniel - Hopefully I can add more - I really need to try & get to 10min subs...

Cheers,  John

RobertM

That's really good John and it's great to see you out imaging again!  I also did the Jellyfish but on 30th - it ended up looking really noisy due to the conditions.

JohnP

Thks Robert - Mine needs more subs as well but it's a start after such a long break... Thks again for your comments,  John

Rocket Pooch

Quote from: RobertM on Jan 04, 2009, 20:22:38
That's really good John and it's great to see you out imaging again!  I also did the Jellyfish but on 30th - it ended up looking really noisy due to the conditions.

Must try harder Robert!

RobertM

Fay

That looks great, John, glad you are up & running!
Aren't we a busy little club at the moment :D
It is healthier to be mutton dressed as lamb, than mutton dressed as mutton!

MarkS

That's a very nice image John.  It's a difficult target.

Good to see you out again!

Mark

JohnP

Thks Fay, Mark - I appreciate your comments... John

Fay

John, don't forget, you can always get the Canon out

JohnP

Quick update - I added another 45mins (9X300secs) of Ha data before the clouds came last Saturday. So image now comprises 33X5mins & it still needs a lot more:-(

The 45mins hasn't really made any difference (at least in my eyes). I plan on giving this one more session the next clear, moonless night..

Cheers,  John

Fay

I think it is a good image, John. I have always fancied this one.

JohnP

Thks still need some more frames though to reduce noise. It would look glorious with your 314L through the ZS66 - you'd get it all in (unlike me).

John