• Welcome to Orpington Astronomical Society.

News:

New version SMF 2.1.4 installed. You may need to clear cookies and login again...

Main Menu

Weather

Started by Fay, Dec 24, 2008, 10:46:22

Previous topic - Next topic

Fay

Whoops, looks like some good nights coming up!!!!!!! Boxing day onwards!

PS

Tony G are you ok???????? You are a bit scarce, hope you have not got flu!!       
It is healthier to be mutton dressed as lamb, than mutton dressed as mutton!

Mike

Personally I will be as pissed as a newt. It's traditional !!
We live in a society exquisitely dependent on science and technology, in which hardly anyone knows anything about science and technology. Carl Sagan

MarkS

Quote from: Mike
... pissed as a newt.
???

Sounds like your newt needs collimation!

Tony G

Hi Fay,

Well I'm afraid I have, as have all the family over the past week, but being a man, it's seems to hit me a lot harder and severe, but women won't listen and just go on about the pain of childbirth and things, but until women around the world actually contract this vicious infection they call 'MAN FLU' they will not know the pain that we go through.  ;)

Hopefully, I should be over this by March 09.

Merry Christmas everyone.  :D

Tony G
"I'm normally not a praying man, but if you're up there, please save me Superman." - Homer Simpson

Rocket Pooch

looks like it will be clear but windy!!!!!

oh well ZS66 it is then for imaging with a reducer :-)

MarkS

Probably too windy for the C11 but I might be able to do some visual stuff for all the relatives who are around tonight ...

Fay

Oh dear, had my plan worked out for today, which included going out the back, telescopes are up & someone has rung and invited us around!!!!

Don't want to go, but should I be festive or not, even if I will be bored witless?

Mike

Tell them to come to yours, then you can still go out and do your astro stuff and pop in now and then to be social.
We live in a society exquisitely dependent on science and technology, in which hardly anyone knows anything about science and technology. Carl Sagan

Fay

Yes, I liked the cunning of Mark, pretending his slipping out the back was for the good of his guests!

I assume you are looking a lot like a newt, Mike!!!

Mike

I don't really look like one but I certainly feel like one.

Ian

oh I don't know Mike. The more I drink the more you look like a newt.