• Welcome to Orpington Astronomical Society.

News:

New version SMF 2.1.4 installed. You may need to clear cookies and login again...

Main Menu

Moon Watch

Started by Whitters, Jun 22, 2002, 19:42:00

Previous topic - Next topic

Whitters

Another great observing session, and the first chance to see the Monster that is Ian's 20mm Nagler and the ultra hi-tec 2" focuser. What a wonderful eyepice. The seeing was pretty good, seeing 3mile diameter craters and tiny valleys.
Well if you missed all the action here is a taster, the Straight Wall.
Should point out this was taken last Tuesday at the Field.(PS Jo was there where was Mike?)

[ This Message was edited by: Whitters on 2002-06-22 11:45 ]

[ This Message was edited by: Whitters on 2002-06-22 15:57 ]

Ian

nice pic Paul. Is that a raw frame or a stack?

Whitters

A stack of 65 frames and dark framed, though no flat field. Should realy take the flat as it improves the image no end.

Mike

Sorry guys, I was pretty ill all that day. I was hoping that by the end of the day I would feel better but I still felt grotty, so decided to give it a miss.

Where have you been by the way Paul, haven't seen you on the forum for ages !!!???

[ This Message was edited by: Mike on 2002-06-24 08:00 ]
We live in a society exquisitely dependent on science and technology, in which hardly anyone knows anything about science and technology. Carl Sagan

Whitters

Been on Hols for a week in Cornwall. Hope you are feeling better now, See ya on Thursday.

[ This Message was edited by: Whitters on 2002-06-24 08:23 ]

Mike

Yup, see ya then !
We live in a society exquisitely dependent on science and technology, in which hardly anyone knows anything about science and technology. Carl Sagan

Ian

I haven't had much success with flat frames. I'll have to do some research. Once my vesta is working again. (might be taking a trip down to pc world if it doesn't :sad:

Mike

Why isn't it working ? (Is it a Vesta or a Toucam ?)

Ian

flat frame problems due to lack of ability/understanding. Vesta not working due to being an interesting-looking pile of pieces in my workshop.