• Welcome to Orpington Astronomical Society.

News:

New version SMF 2.1.4 installed. You may need to clear cookies and login again...

Main Menu

2009 Annual Dinner

Started by Fay, Nov 30, 2008, 14:10:00

Previous topic - Next topic

Mike

I just hope the weather won't stop people from making it on Friday evening.
We live in a society exquisitely dependent on science and technology, in which hardly anyone knows anything about science and technology. Carl Sagan

mickw

Rain has melted most of it here, but they do forecast more snow tonight and tomorrow  :(

Could make driving exciting  :o
Growing Old is mandatory - Growing Up is optional

Ian

has there been some sort of event making driving difficult? You'll have to help out a not-very-observant Land Rover driver...

mickw

Mike

Mick,

I'm not expecting to see you there for sure. The first sign of a drop of rain and you say "I'm going home!!"

;)
We live in a society exquisitely dependent on science and technology, in which hardly anyone knows anything about science and technology. Carl Sagan

Fay

Mick's the one with the brains!
It is healthier to be mutton dressed as lamb, than mutton dressed as mutton!

Mike

I didn't realise they were on the Menu.

mickw

That would be the veggy option  :lol:

Be funny if I got stuck in the snow and nobody could get there  :twisted:

Fay

I reckon they were the "other " on DSC menu
It is healthier to be mutton dressed as lamb, than mutton dressed as mutton!

Mike

Mick can you please either get a cab or make sure you leave half an hour after everyone else. I would be peeved to find your behemoth blocking the road preventing access. However, on teh journey back, I would not mind at all being stranded in a pub overnight.

Sue

I gather that the Cudham Lane has had buses going back and forth since Tuesday but who knows what tomorrow will bring!

Is anyone coming via Hayes Lane tomorrow evening and would be able to pick up Gilbert?  I have heard from him today that there is still much snow/ice in his side road and if it hasn't gone by tomorrow would have trouble driving his car out.  Would walk down to main road - junction of Hayes Lane/BurwoodRoad/Pickhurst Lane close by(I think).

Cheers, Sue.

Carole

If no-one else offers, I could pick up Gilbert.

Ken was going to pick me up but if Gilbert can't get there any other way I'll do it but I'll need Gilberts phone number.  I'll sort it out with Ken afterwards.

I am going to Astrofest tomorrow so can some-one let me know if I need to pick up Gilbert by text with his phone number on ***carole's mobile***.  I'll confirm by reply that I have the message.

Carole

If anyone needs Carole's mobile, pm either me or Rick.  -Ian

Sue

Thank you Carole. I will send you a text early afternoon either way after I get back from work.

Have a great time today at Astrofest!

Ken

Sue. I can pick Gilbert up this evening but need his telephone number and address if possible. Thanks. Ken P
Ken P

Mike