• Welcome to Orpington Astronomical Society.

News:

New version SMF 2.1.4 installed. You may need to clear cookies and login again...

Main Menu

deep sky camp :(

Started by Mike, Nov 28, 2008, 15:22:21

Previous topic - Next topic

Fay

It is healthier to be mutton dressed as lamb, than mutton dressed as mutton!

mickw

QuoteMick has a medical condition & is waiting to go into hospital

QuoteIs that the reason why he couldn't stay?

I won't be going to hospital for a couple of weeks which is plenty of time to recover from pneumonia.

But when I couldn't get the van in the field with the rest of the troops, it all seemed rather pointless  :(
And the thought of wandering back to the van through all the mud and sheep sh*t at god knows when o'clock was not very appealing  :-?
At least watching the video I now know a possible reason for the vast amount of sheep sh*t - poor little sods  :twisted:

Mac did point out that it will be much better in February as the mud will then be frozen  :)
Growing Old is mandatory - Growing Up is optional

Mike

Quote from: JohnP on Dec 01, 2008, 19:50:20Mike - All I can say is heaven forbid the day you ever miss a DSC... whatever the reason....!

Chill! I'm teasing people  :roll:
We live in a society exquisitely dependent on science and technology, in which hardly anyone knows anything about science and technology. Carl Sagan

Fay

Fay

Mick, were those poor sheep in that field with no shelter?

The Thing

At least the sheep were warmed up by all the running around. Probably added considerably to the depth of the sh*t while they were at it.

Fay

Mick, I see what you mean by, poor sheep!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

It did not look very muddy, I thought it would be like a quagmire!

Fay

If the farmer had been a different person, he would have shot Frodo

Mike

He attempted some swift kicks with his wellies and kicked a football at him. I think next time it will be his trusty 12 gauge.
We live in a society exquisitely dependent on science and technology, in which hardly anyone knows anything about science and technology. Carl Sagan

Fay

I think they have a right to shoot dogs pestering their sheep. Also one one the sheep could have broken his leg when tumbling. Chris would have had a £500 lamb bill!!!!!!

Chris, I expected you to be more agile in the rounding up of Frodo, you could have thrown yourself through the air & landed on top of him..................perhaps. Now that would have been a good video    :lol:

Mac

QuoteI think they have a right to shoot dogs pestering their sheep
quite true, but it was a registered campsite so that might have been an issue!!

QuoteAlso one one the sheep could have broken his leg when tumbling. Chris would have had a £500 lamb bill

Ture, but we would have had a fantastic sunday roast.  :cheesy:

Fay

Oh, so do you think that sheep should not be in the field?

Mac, you are naughty, about the roast       :lol:

JohnP

Well I for one definitely wish the sheep weren't in the field... it's a right pain kneeling down to do your polar alignment & putting your knee right in a pile of sheep ***t.... I guess there is nowt we can do about it if we don't want to change fields..

(seem to remember having this discussion before...)

John

Mike

We were having a discussion about finding an alternative location for DSC. If the condition shad been a little bit worse we would not have been able to hold it at all. During the summer months we coudl always decamp up to Woodlands camp site which is nearby but that is obviously not open all year round.

We need to start looking for an alternative place to stay, preferably with better facilities (not that this one has any at all) and tarmacced parking.

Fay

That would be good Mike.