• Welcome to Orpington Astronomical Society.

News:

New version SMF 2.1.4 installed. You may need to clear cookies and login again...

Main Menu

IC5070 The Pelican

Started by Fay, Nov 08, 2008, 09:41:51

Previous topic - Next topic

Fay

Braved the fireworks, last night. This is 15x480 secs, 2 x600secs, ZS66, 0.8 fr.  I wanted to take more but scope was going to flip, nearby fireworks started, clouds came over & then it started to rain mid packaway.

Thanks 

It is healthier to be mutton dressed as lamb, than mutton dressed as mutton!

Rocket Pooch

getting better, by the time I got home from the pub it was soaking everywhere, so no imaging last night, I believe its clear later tonight though

Mac

Nice image,

was this narrowband?

I spent last night trying to collimate the scope. Weird and wonderful results, probably due to the bad seeing.

Fay

Yes, Mac, Ha. I wanted to have a go at OIII, but no time.

MarkS

Well done Fay for braving those fireworks - you managed to catch a good image.

Quote from: Mac
I spent last night trying to collimate the scope. Weird and wonderful results, probably due to the bad seeing.

Using CCDInspector?

Mac

QuoteUsing CCDInspector?

aye. I spent about 45 mins, having a play. but the clouds rolled in, but i also had problems dewing up. which didn't help.
going to try something different later on. will let you know if it works.

Fay

Thanks Mark, Mac. Received my SII filter today, so am waiting try these filters out.

Daniel

Fay, well done in getting any imaging done last night, I set up to do some Ha on north american and had to paack up after about 30 mins once the cloud rolled in and the fireworks started.

Daniel
:O)

Fay

Thanks Daniel. I was out there early.

JohnP

Looks good Fay... Well done.. John

Fay

Thanks John. I have just reprocessed this on the desktop. I usually have to do that, but the first image was from laptop.

I think this is a bit better.