• Welcome to Orpington Astronomical Society.

News:

New version SMF 2.1.4 installed. You may need to clear cookies and login again...

Main Menu

Deep Sky Camp

Started by Rocket Pooch, Oct 07, 2003, 19:06:00

Previous topic - Next topic

Rocket Pooch

Hi all,

If you're going to deep sky camp and you would be interested in sharing a tent, I'm going to take my 6 birth tent (3 seperate compartments and a central area big enough to put a small table or telescope).  

Also I was going to take some safe eletrics with me for laptops,cooker etc.  However, I'm not going to turn up till late Friday evening and only if there's reasonable weather and a local pub within crawling distance.

If you're interested in sharing, or if you have a large tent and some spare space so I don't have to take mine let me know.

Lastly I should be picking up some adaptors for a meade and a Canon EOS camera by then, if you want to use these or a web cam give me a shout.

Chris

Mike

The Weather for the weekend is certainly not looking good ! :sad:
We live in a society exquisitely dependent on science and technology, in which hardly anyone knows anything about science and technology. Carl Sagan

Rocket Pooch

Well I suppose Saturday night looks the best.  So I'm going to drive down for a few hours observing.

That means I will not be bringing the tent.

see you tonight  

Mike

The Meto website says cloud all weekend ! Are you a cloud watcher ? (who are you by the way ?)
We live in a society exquisitely dependent on science and technology, in which hardly anyone knows anything about science and technology. Carl Sagan

Ian

the weatheraction forecast is in line with the traditional forecast from the BBC. That is, thick cloud becoming sunny later in the weekend. We'll see :wink:

Rocket Pooch

On 2003-10-23 17:57, Mike wrote:
The Meto website says cloud all weekend ! Are you a cloud watcher ? (who are you by the way ?)

The one who turns up to the meetings on a motorbike.

Mike

Mike

Deep Sky Camp was a GREAT success by the way and I have to say that Cris and I had one of the best weekends we've had in a long time.

The whole weekend was excellent and really relaxing and good fun. Those of you that didn't come don't know what they missed !!

It was so good we have already booked up the next one !!!

Rick

Excellent news! I will have to give my car a very stern talking-to. It's booked into the garage to be fixed....

Rick

...and I hope there will be some new submissions to the OAS astro-gallery soon?

Greg

Rachel, the kids and I had a really great time. Thanks to everyone who made it so delightful and SPECIAL. Evenings spent round the camp fire with the wild animals (well, cows at least) was quite scary in dark. Was it cold - well I didn't notice.

The sky was fantastic!!!!!

Jim

What a fantastic weekend.  Many thanks to those who organised it, and YES it was cold!!

Whitters

Great weekend, good skies and great company. Don't miss the next one.