• Welcome to Orpington Astronomical Society.

News:

New version SMF 2.1.4 installed. You may need to clear cookies and login again...

Main Menu

Imaging Session 25 - Friday 24th October 2008

Started by Mike, Oct 16, 2008, 16:12:04

Previous topic - Next topic

Mike

The 25th Imaging Session will be held on Friday 24th October at 8.15pm.
PLEASE DO NOT ARRIVE BEFORE 8.15PM !!!!!!

This is for the astrophotographers or people interested in learning about astrophotography to get together and do some imaging. Anyone else who wants to come to watch and learn, or just do some observing is also welcome. No equipment or prior knowledge is needed.

Hot and cold drinks and nibbles are provided.

You are welcome to stay overnight if it is clear and you wish to do some astrophotography (or watch others do it). Bring a sleeping bag if you are staying overnight. Bring an extension lead if you need mains power. You are more than welcome to bring your own equipment along.

Please note that anyone is welcome, even if you have no equipment and just want to watch and learn.

If you wish me to do a talk on  specific subject related to astrophotography I will be more than wiling to do so. However, please give me at least 7 days notice prior to the meeting to give me time to prepare. If it is clear we will go outside and do some astrophotography and you will get a chance to watch and learn. If it is cloudy we will stay inside and do a presentation or just haev an informal chat about whatever you wish.

These sessions are very informal and relaxed and it is a chance to meet up with other astrophotographers and 'pick their brains' on a subject of your choice in a relaxed atmosphere.

For further information send me a Private Message or email me.
We live in a society exquisitely dependent on science and technology, in which hardly anyone knows anything about science and technology. Carl Sagan

Mike

Note that this Imaging Session will be used to select the Calendar images for the 2009 Calendar. If you want to be part of the selection process please attend.

p.s. As this is the 25th Imaging Session we will have cakes to celebrate :)
We live in a society exquisitely dependent on science and technology, in which hardly anyone knows anything about science and technology. Carl Sagan