• Welcome to Orpington Astronomical Society.

News:

New version SMF 2.1.4 installed. You may need to clear cookies and login again...

Main Menu

M31 By My Girlfriend

Started by Daniel, Oct 24, 2008, 20:34:23

Previous topic - Next topic

Daniel

Hi All, Here's an M31 my girlfriend took a few nights ago, Come out quite nice, I think she wants to shoot some more subs on a better night as the light polution was a battle with this one although there are also a few dust bunnies in there that could do with some attention too.

Anyway, Im not sure about the images details except it was focaly reduced and 300s at ISO 800

Here it is

Daniel
:O)

JohnP

Well Daniel - Once again a great image with a DSLR from a light polluted site.. Did you do the processing or was that your girlfriend as well?

RU planning on attending the Astro-processing afternoon that Mike is planing for next month at High Elms... Maybe you should give a talk on DSLR processing the results you/ your girlfriend get are great....

John

Mike

Quote from: JohnP on Oct 26, 2008, 16:21:46
Well Daniel - Once again a great image with a DSLR from a light polluted site.. Did you do the processing or was that your girlfriend as well?

RU planning on attending the Astro-processing afternoon that Mike is planing for next month at High Elms... Maybe you should give a talk on DSLR processing the results you/ your girlfriend get are great....

John

It's for members only John.
We live in a society exquisitely dependent on science and technology, in which hardly anyone knows anything about science and technology. Carl Sagan

Daniel

Hi John, I did the processing on this, I used a rechnique in a gradient removal tutorial i found on the net which worked well http://www.astro.uni-bonn.de/~mischa/ps/gradient.html

I shall have to become a proper member of the OAS soon, It's just been difficult getting down to most meetings on tuesdays since I usually work nights on those days.

Not sure i'd be in a position to do a talk though, most of my techniques are bits and pieces i've just picked up off the net or from the Jerry Lodriguss cd's.

Daniel
:O)