• Welcome to Orpington Astronomical Society.

News:

New version SMF 2.1.4 installed. You may need to clear cookies and login again...

Main Menu

Double Cluster.... Almost.... :-(

Started by JohnP, Oct 23, 2008, 10:23:12

Previous topic - Next topic

Fay

Yes, you'd better. I look forward to it, will bring pen & paper!
It is healthier to be mutton dressed as lamb, than mutton dressed as mutton!

Mike

We live in a society exquisitely dependent on science and technology, in which hardly anyone knows anything about science and technology. Carl Sagan

RobertM

Mike, you need a break !!!

Re: Imaging Workshop - 22nd November
« Reply #33 on: October 16, 2008, 01:03:54 PM » Quote Modify Remove 

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Still don't know whether I'll be around on that date but I could prepare something and present it at the next imaging workshop if you like.  At least then I'd have something ready for the day if able to do it.  I would cover how I process from the camera to final image using luminance layering (Ha + RGB).

Would that be useful ?   

Mike
Committee
O. A. S.
Galaxy Class

May the Force be with you

Re: Imaging Workshop - 22nd November
« Reply #34 on: October 16, 2008, 01:14:50 PM » Quote 

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Yes please Robert. Then if you can make the 22nd Nov we can slot you in. 

Fay

Mike

I think YOU need a break Robert. Today is 24th October - we were talking about the Imaging Workshop on 22nd November !!!!!

QuoteI think I'm scheduled to go through this tomorrow night so If you want a laugh ...
We live in a society exquisitely dependent on science and technology, in which hardly anyone knows anything about science and technology. Carl Sagan

Fay

Robert, shame you weren't at the meeting. You were IMAGE of the MONTH!

Mike

Fay

Perhaps there is confusion with "Imaging Workshop", November & "Imaging Session" October

Fay

Quote of last night: There's a lot of buggery goes on around here!    Greg

Mike

JohnP

WOW! I'm Impressed I don't think ever in ALL my imaging posting have I had 24 responses to one of my pictures.... SHAME ONLY 6 of them relate to the image !!!!!!! :-(

Time to start a new thread me thinks.......

John

RobertM

Mike, Fay is right there was confusion between the two.  I meant run through it tonight (Imaging Session 25 on 24th October) then if I was available doing the same thing on 22nd Nov.  I have a long trip coming up to Frankfurt but don't know exactly when that will be yet.  I know you want to sort out the OAS Calendar but if there's time maybe I could do something ?

Fay, sorry couldn't make it due to work commitments.  Image of the Month, I find that difficult to believe after all the great stuff you guys brought back from France and what people have been getting with DSLRs.  Was it the one of Sh2-171 ?

Mike, Could we have a Picture of the Month Section on the OAS web site (or on the Forum) ?

What's all this talk about Skull Buggery !!!

Mike

Quote from: RobertM on Oct 24, 2008, 09:22:50......I know you want to sort out the OAS Calendar but if there's time maybe I could do something ?

Sure.

Quote from: RobertM on Oct 24, 2008, 09:22:50....Was it the one of Sh2-171 ?..

No, it was your image of the Iris Nebula. Tricky one to get properly (especially under a full moon) and nicely processed.

RobertM

The Iris was the image that gave me the most grief of any that I've done so thanks for the recognition, it's much appreciated.

John, sorry for hijacking your thread ...

Mike

I'm sure the Forum Police will sort it out ;)