• Welcome to Orpington Astronomical Society.

News:

New version SMF 2.1.4 installed. You may need to clear cookies and login again...

Main Menu

NGC 891 35x300s ISO 800

Started by Daniel, Oct 12, 2008, 16:13:41

Previous topic - Next topic

Daniel

Hi All, here's another I got on friday night, a little one this time, same equipment as before (i really should actually USE my 14" SCT one day)

Daniel
:O)

And Closeup

MarkS

Daniel,

Nice subject but I think it needs a higher magnification scope to truly do it justice.

Are you using flats?  If so, they are not entirely removing your dust spots - so I bet you've used a light box to create them.
Try creating a set of flats pointing up at zenith shortly after sunset.  I'm certain they'll behave much better.

Mark

Daniel

Im wondering if it's the diffuser im using (a shower cap) it worked fine at the start but I think it's getting a bit beaten up now. Shall try the pointing upwards today if I can get set up quickly enough.

Thanks,

Daniel
:O)

Rocket Pooch

Daniel I bought a flat piece of white plastic, I just pop it over then end of the scope and bigo works well, mind you I do have an illuminated roof in the observatory as the light box :-)

The plastic is the stuff they make shop signs out of, if you want me to get you some let me know, it will give me an excuse to goto the kebab shop on a Saturday.

Chris