• Welcome to Orpington Astronomical Society.

News:

New version SMF 2.1.4 installed. You may need to clear cookies and login again...

Main Menu

Checking it's all still working...

Started by JohnP, Oct 12, 2008, 17:00:49

Previous topic - Next topic

JohnP

Popped out last night to make sure all the kit was still working after it's trip back from France... Managed 24X5mins on centre of Heart with Atik 16ic on ZS66 with 13nm Ha filter. Bright moon made noise a problem - I will probably add more subs to this & smooth it out a bit when moon disappears. But happy to say that guiding etc. all worked..

Cheers,  John

Daniel

Wow, im  suprised you got this last night weather was terrible, hence why me and my girlfriend decided to try a bright object like NGC 7000.

Love that dark nebula creeping in down the bottom

Daniel
:O)

JohnP

Thks Daniel - It didn't seem too bad in Bromley - a little 'dewy' maybe but apart from that OK... I was only initially going to do a quick test but once I had it all lined up etc. I just let it run for a few hours... I just looked at one of the subs & the bright nebula bit in the middle is around 2000 ADU against background reading of about 1500 ADU - this was on a 5min sub so it is quite dim...

John

RobertM

Very nice John, there is some lovely detail showing and given better conditions I'm sure you'd have had more.

Looks like your kit survived the journey and everything's working really well.

JohnP

cheers Robert - playing around with your X2 technique.... seems to work quite well... John

Rocket Pooch