• Welcome to Orpington Astronomical Society.

News:

New version SMF 2.1.4 installed. You may need to clear cookies and login again...

Main Menu

Processed horse head

Started by Rocket Pooch, Sep 30, 2008, 14:05:20

Previous topic - Next topic

Rocket Pooch

Hi,

Ok, got to grips with this image whilst drinking a beer and relaxing,,,,,

Details

Luminance, 6x10 minute
RGB 4x5 minute each

All processed in AIP4 Win and Photoshop, enjoy.

JohnP

Chris - not your most technically challenging image of the week but I have to say the result on this is unbelievable. The colours & detail are exceptional & oh so smooth... - I'll hopefully get around to processing mine soon. This has to be one of the best horsey's I have ever seen...

John

Tony G

Totally agree, one of the best I've seen as well. It may even make image of the month. Still at least we know one image which will be on the OAS calender next year.

Tony G
"I'm normally not a praying man, but if you're up there, please save me Superman." - Homer Simpson

JohnP

Tony,

I reckon Chris needs to do a calender of his own at least that way everyone else might get a chance... John

MarkS

Chris.

Excellent image - I love it.

Mark

Tony G

John,

If you was to take a load of images from space dog's history and put them together you could call it 

'CHRIS-A-MASS of PHOTOS'  because there are so many. ;)

Tony G
"I'm normally not a praying man, but if you're up there, please save me Superman." - Homer Simpson

JohnP

Daniel

That's just fantastic, Love how smooth it is, how did you manage not to blow out Alnitak?

Rocket Pooch

Hi,

The key to getting the high contrast images right seems to be to not go over 40k adu on the bright object, and keep about 1 in 6 ratio between the sky and the actual image you want, the G & B subs on this image are amazing, I'll post them up soon.

Chris

Mike

Fantastic image Chris. Undoubtedly the best Horsey from the members yet.
We live in a society exquisitely dependent on science and technology, in which hardly anyone knows anything about science and technology. Carl Sagan

RobertM

Lovely image Chris.  Have you got the full res TIFF around ? it looks like the 8bit jpeg has some problems showing the gradients on the lower left, though it may be my monitor !

Fay

Very nice Chris, buy then I already knew that!
It is healthier to be mutton dressed as lamb, than mutton dressed as mutton!

Fay

Chris, what do you press on Flickr to get the image that size? Or do you resize really small?
It is healthier to be mutton dressed as lamb, than mutton dressed as mutton!