• Welcome to Orpington Astronomical Society.

News:

New version SMF 2.1.4 installed. You may need to clear cookies and login again...

Main Menu

Veil without doughnut

Started by MarkS, Jul 08, 2008, 22:48:13

Previous topic - Next topic

MarkS

My final version of the Veil Nebula (Witches Broom). 
22 x 5 min using Celestron C11 plus F6.3 focal reducer with DIY modified Canon EOS 350D at ISO 800.  Binned by factor of 3.

The "doughnut" was gently erased in Photoshop.  There does appear to be a bit of coma towards the corners.

Fay

Mark, that has turned into a lovely image. You processed it well.

Fay
It is healthier to be mutton dressed as lamb, than mutton dressed as mutton!

JohnP

Mark that has come out well. I took almost the exact same image back in June 2006 (same orientation) using my unmodified EOS through my ZS66. I took 30X2mins at ISO800. Your image is just so way much better... the Ha mod & longer exposures have made tons of difference. If you go to my webpage http://homepage.ntlworld.com/john.punnett/ & then click on the 2002-2006 images you'll find it. I must admit I'm getting tempted myself to mod my 300D so I may be knocking on your door at some stage... :-)

Cheers,  John.

RobertM

Yes, it looks very good indeed.  I especially like the lack of noise and contrast you've been able to achieve - very impressive !

John, you have some wonderful pics on that site and it also reminds me that I must set up something for myself sometime...

JohnP

Hi Robert,

Thks. A webpage is a great way of just keeping track of all those images you have taken. It's good to look back & see how imaging skills have improved. Also it's useful as a quick reminder for settings etc. & to to see what I have imaged at certain times of the year. It's well worth doing & I would highly recommend setting one up sooner rather than later.....

Cheers,  John.

RobertM

My NAS unit is Linux based and has a built in webserver and MySQL database so I might start there ...

Carole

Good work on erasing the doughnut in photoshop, it is undetectable now.

Carole

Fay

Mark, I was looking at this chaps image of Witched Broom taken with 350D, & he had a doughnut where your's was. 

MarkS

What chap?  I'd be very interested to see it.

Fay