• Welcome to Orpington Astronomical Society.

News:

New version SMF 2.1.4 installed. You may need to clear cookies and login again...

Main Menu

M33 600s ISO 320

Started by Daniel, Sep 10, 2008, 20:57:13

Previous topic - Next topic

Daniel

Hi All, here's an M33 I got last night, only got 12 subs, 2 hours in total, and never realised how hard this was to image.

It seemed to fit nicely in the FOV of the 120 but it started picking up some nasty noise due to dewing pretty quickly.

Anyway, here it is

Rocket Pooch

looks good to me, you have caught quite a bit of the galaxy as well.

MarkS

Nice image Daniel.  There's some good colour appearing in that image.

I guess you used a CLS filter?  Was moonlight a problem?

JohnP

Yep looks nice Daniel considering the conditions.. You have some nice Ha 'clumps' showing in the galaxy... Maybe overall it looks a tad blue for my liking but a great image nonetheless...

Well done,  John

Daniel

Hi All, thanks for the comments, funny you should say that about the blue john, I did this one last night, was thinking the same thing

This one may be a bit too purple-ish so im thinking of combining the 2 images and getting a good mid ground

RobertM

Excellent image Daniel.  The outer arms are very faint and difficult so that's a very good attempt and not too much coma showing at the edge either.  The first one looks best to me.  Must try that one myself.

Daniel

Oops, sorry guy's wrong image, this is the one I meant to post, though actually, when i look at them side by side, I think i still prefer the first too