• Welcome to Orpington Astronomical Society.

News:

New version SMF 2.1.4 installed. You may need to clear cookies and login again...

Main Menu

Mike, I wasn't

Started by Ian, Aug 24, 2003, 07:57:00

Previous topic - Next topic

Ian

Thought I'd say up until Mars cleared my neighbours tree (previously, I'd been imaging before Mars went behind it) and I was rewarded by a night of exceptional seeing. At 1.34am I captured the avi (about 1400 frames)and with very little processing produced this. I'm rather pleased with it.

Rick, thumb text will be with you in a while. I want an early night tonight :wink:

Ian

and to complete the topic title that appears to have disappeared...

Mike, I wasn't "on the lash" exactly....

:grin:

Rick

Will it stand 90-degree clockwise rotation so that the SPC is at the top? Helps if things maintain the same (sort of) orientation.

If you can manage to add the simulator comparison, so much the better. (And a link to it would probably be good too.)

Thanks.

Mike

Well worth the effort Ian - Much greater detail in that one. Great image.
We live in a society exquisitely dependent on science and technology, in which hardly anyone knows anything about science and technology. Carl Sagan

Rick

Greg has send me a version of one of Ian's images:

I don't however have enough information to put it into the gallery yet....

[ This Message was edited by: Rick on 2003-09-06 09:13 ]

Ian

Rick,

taken at approximately 11:30pm 22nd August, approximately 500 frames taken with a 5x powermate and an 8" newtonian. The seeing wasn't too bad, given the altitude was in the region of 20 degrees.

Rick

So it is the same original in both the postings in this thread, then. Which version do you want in the gallery? Both? Neither?

Ian

yes it is, and I don't mind which. Gregs version certainly shows more detail, in the unmistakeable Greg style :grin: ) and the time should be 1.30am not 11.30 the day previous. Note to self, change system time on laptop.

[ This Message was edited by: Ian on 2003-09-05 14:03 ]

Mike

Sorry Greg, but personally I prefer Ian's one at the top of the post. Looks a lot more realistic to me.
We live in a society exquisitely dependent on science and technology, in which hardly anyone knows anything about science and technology. Carl Sagan

Rick

I've put both up. Take your pick. :wink: