• Welcome to Orpington Astronomical Society.

News:

New version SMF 2.1.4 installed. You may need to clear cookies and login again...

Main Menu

Its not bad tonight

Started by Rocket Pooch, Aug 14, 2008, 23:09:39

Previous topic - Next topic

Rocket Pooch

I wonder if the clouds will hold off, my kit is birring away in the observatory!!!!

RobertM

I certainly hope it's not burring away for nothing !!!

Rocket Pooch

Na seems ok

That's the medium size image, if only there was no moon, light pollution or clouds The Kit seems ok though.

MarkS

Lovely detail in those twisty filaments!  Overall it appears a bit too red but I guess you haven't finished the processing.

Nice one.

RobertM

Nice, I assume it's the DSLR on the ED80 or is it the Newt ?

Rocket Pooch

Atik 314L & ED80, it the skies were not that clear last night, so again another failed attempt, I'll fix the colours later.

12x10 min ha
8x10 min O3

Full size version here http://farm4.static.flickr.com/3035/2764422868_7234c5b6e4_o.jpg

Chris

RobertM

Did you do luminance or use the synthesised Sii approach to get the star colours correct ?

Mike

We live in a society exquisitely dependent on science and technology, in which hardly anyone knows anything about science and technology. Carl Sagan

Rocket Pooch

Quote from: RobertM on Aug 15, 2008, 08:38:00
Did you do luminance or use the synthesised Sii approach to get the star colours correct ?

Hi,

Oh that was just chucking it together in photoshop and manually mixing, I'm just reprocessing it all in AIP and I will use Ha = R, O3 = B & then either use O3 for G, or average all files for a Blue, then I will just pull it together in Photoshop and try to get the main star white blue, then it should look ok. 

The only issue is the Ha files are great, but it got a bit cloudy for the O3, so I'm working on them.

Chris

RobertM

Looks like it has good promise if that was the chucked together version - I thought it had more detail hidden in there.  Will have to dig the O3 out of the cupboard myself.