• Welcome to Orpington Astronomical Society.

News:

New version SMF 2.1.4 installed. You may need to clear cookies and login again...

Main Menu

good camera for sale

Started by Rocket Pooch, Aug 08, 2008, 13:04:38

Previous topic - Next topic

JohnP

Must admit I saw this myself & was tempted... It's a great camera & a great price - John

RobertM

Not a bad price and could make a good (albiet expensive) guide camera so I've pinged him an email ...

JohnP

Robert - as you know this is the same as my main imaging camera - it would make an excellent guide cam & has the built in relays as well (I think) - would also give you the option of imaging with a narrower FOV if you needed to get some small objects. The price is not too bad for a guide cam...

John

RobertM

Hopefully I'll have time to try it out soon ... ;)

MarkS

Well that has gone and scuppered any chance of the cloud cover disappearing any time soon ...

Talking of weather, the next tropical storm to appear in the Atlantic will be called Fay  (Edouard has recently gone)

http://geography.about.com/od/physicalgeography/a/2008names.htm

JohnP

Ha! Ha! So we can all blame the bad weather on FAY!!!!!!! Typical... John  :lol:

Fay

Oy! John.

That's funny Mark, those chinese lanterns had my name on those as well. It is an uncommon name as well.

Well I may be mad, but I have set up tonight. Could all be a bit of a nightmare. I have got the SX as guide via Astroart or Maxim, & the Atik. All new stuff. Bit windy, but if I get a bit of practice.
It is healthier to be mutton dressed as lamb, than mutton dressed as mutton!

JohnP

MarkS

Ian

Fay = totally tropical trouble

(is that a bit like spilling your Lilt?)