• Welcome to Orpington Astronomical Society.

News:

New version SMF 2.1.4 installed. You may need to clear cookies and login again...

Main Menu

Veil Nebula

Started by Whitters, Aug 16, 2003, 05:58:00

Previous topic - Next topic

Whitters

Fighting with the waining moon, just past full. This shot of the Veil nebula is a sum of thirty 60 second exposures. Thru the Aero 4inch f2 lans and using the MX916 camera binned 2x2

Ian

Whoa, that is impressive.

How did you mount the camera+lens? on the Losmandy?

Do you think you could take up another hobby so the rest of us can catch up? How about crochet?

Rick

That one'll be on the "Galaxies, Nebulae & Stars" page tomorrow (and you can already see it on the archive).

Ian, your excellent pictures of Mars would help fill out the non-deepsky section of the gallery.... Please submit them. I might even give Mars its own page on the archive...

Whitters

Thanks Rick.
I mounted the lens on the little camera tracker I had made several years ago by Peter Drew of the Astronomy Centre in Lancashire. That then goes on a standard camera tripod. I think the motor is one that is used as a timer in lamp posts! I wasn't sure if it would cope with the weight of the camera and lens, which was why I hadn't tried it before. The big problem is aiming the thing in the first place I think I have sorted that out now.

[ This Message was edited by: Whitters on 2003-08-16 09:55 ]

Whitters

And to follow on from Rick. Ian get yer photos up. I want to see more of your Mars picies.

Mike

Excellent image Paul. Yes, I agree - Ian, get your superb Mars pics up for the world to see.

God I wish I had a decent scope ! AAAAAAAGGGGGGGGHHHHHHHH !!!!!!!!
We live in a society exquisitely dependent on science and technology, in which hardly anyone knows anything about science and technology. Carl Sagan