• Welcome to Orpington Astronomical Society.

News:

New version SMF 2.1.4 installed. You may need to clear cookies and login again...

Main Menu

new scope question

Started by james, Jul 06, 2008, 19:15:33

Previous topic - Next topic

Rocket Pooch

Could you not tell I was back in London yesterday, boy did it rain, I do however predict clear skies on Sunday night.

Fay

We've never had a post with chapters before!
It is healthier to be mutton dressed as lamb, than mutton dressed as mutton!

Rocket Pooch

Well I think it goes with our jobs, we waffle too much...

Rocket Pooch

Carole

Chris, I am on the look out for 2nd hand equipment suitable for doing Deep sky Imaging as apparently the mount is not good enough on my ETX which I don't want to take apart.

I've got myself a guide scope, but otherwise I don't have a clue what I need and is suitable.  So if what you're selling might be a suitable for this, then depending on the price I might be interested.  It looks at though this is the scope only and will need a mount.  Maybe we should discuss this through a PM. 

This applies to any-one else who might be upgrading and wants to sell me their old equipment if it is suitable for deep sky imaging - again - depending on the price.  Always was a bit of a Scrouge. 

Carole

Mike

Carole for Deep Sky Imaging the mount is the number one top priority. It is essential you get a mount that is reasonably well engineered, able to cope with the weight of your kit with guide inputs and low PE.
We live in a society exquisitely dependent on science and technology, in which hardly anyone knows anything about science and technology. Carl Sagan