• Welcome to Orpington Astronomical Society.

News:

New version SMF 2.1.4 installed. You may need to clear cookies and login again...

Main Menu

Hi Everyone

Started by searcher, Jul 04, 2008, 11:57:02

Previous topic - Next topic

searcher

:P   I came along to the viewing evening at High Elm with you all about two years ago with, my wife, who is the enthusiast (and me a keen follower, of my wife) and did an Astronomy GCSE with Alan Longstaff.  My claim to fame is that with my 3 inch pocket monocular I managed to spot Mercury before anyone else!  You can imagine how phrases like "Beginners luck" came from my beloved wife's lips.  Anyway it was an absolutely brilliant evening and we wanted to come along on a regular basis.  Alas, we then moved into a house that had to be totally gutted etc, etc. 

Any chance of coming along this evening to the imaging at Mike's.  :-?  BUT!!!  We are not sure what imaging is - is it something to do with recording the image onto a digital camera?

David (using Diana's e-mail and log in)

Ian

Welcome back.

Yup, we could say photography evening, but somehow that word seems a bit inaccurate now...

searcher

Thank you Ian - I wondered if it may be somewhat inaccurate!  I am the photo enthusiast.

Is it possible to gain an invite to Mike's this evening?  If so can you e-mail Diana please?
:o

Ian

I believe Mike's door is open to all, if you give him notice you're coming. He'll be along at some point today, I'm sure.

I can't extend the invite myself, the imaging sessions are only partially OAS events, otherwise I would :)

searcher

The problem is, I don't know how to contact Mike.

Can you help or forward this to him and our email address?  Do you have access to our email address?

david

Ian

He'll see this. I'll drop him a quick email to let him know...

Mike

Got the message thanks. WIll email the adress through to you shortly. See you tonight :)
We live in a society exquisitely dependent on science and technology, in which hardly anyone knows anything about science and technology. Carl Sagan

RobertM

You're going to have to hire a tardis to fit all the people in for tonight ...

Ian

good call. If the guiding doesn't work properly, you can always go a bit closer...

Mike

Quote from: Ian on Jul 04, 2008, 13:58:03
good call. If the guiding doesn't work properly, you can always go a bit closer...

Ugh?!?!?!
We live in a society exquisitely dependent on science and technology, in which hardly anyone knows anything about science and technology. Carl Sagan

Mike

Quote from: RobertM on Jul 04, 2008, 13:52:11
You're going to have to hire a tardis to fit all the people in for tonight ...

i think we'll have to set the marquee up in the garden at this rate !! There were 15 people last time and I have a suspiscion we'll top that tonight.

Ian

Quote from: Mike on Jul 04, 2008, 15:02:50
Quote from: Ian on Jul 04, 2008, 13:58:03

Ugh?!?!?!
If you've got a tardis, it seems a bit of a waste just to use it like a caravan. It'd be like camping on your own drive.