• Welcome to Orpington Astronomical Society.

News:

New version SMF 2.1.4 installed. You may need to clear cookies and login again...

Main Menu

m27 - work in progress...

Started by JohnP, Jul 04, 2008, 13:25:29

Previous topic - Next topic

Ian

it's interesting as it's not particularly saturated in either blue or green, although the red is still there. It's a departure from the usual colour balance and I rather like it.

JohnP

Thks Ian - Yep I'm quite pleased with final balance as well - final colour balance is very 'subjective' & I think at the end of the day you can adjust it for ever & ever & still not feel it's quite right. I was pleased with how background came out on this & also the 'ha jets'... hint of.. It'd be good from a dark site.

John

Rocket Pooch

i think all things astronomical would be better from a dark site, hey i'm off to wales monday night do you lot want to get your kit out in advance, it will be raining the rest of the week when I'm back home...

JohnP

Chris - sounds like you are a bit frustrated mate........

Tony G

John,

A 'work in progress' which turned out a great image in the end. ;)

Tony G
"I'm normally not a praying man, but if you're up there, please save me Superman." - Homer Simpson

JohnP

Thks Tony - High praise indeed from the 'Guru' .....  :lol:

Rocket Pooch

yup either knackered when I get back or its cloudy, I have only got one or two good images this yea.

Never mind, I'll have to do a couple of later ones when I get a clear night, knowing my luck it will be the night before I have to negotiate a large project or something....

There's not even any sunspots to images, arrrrggggghhhhhhhh.

Fay

I'm thinking of asking Jim & John if we should leave you behind, when we go to France, we do want a few cloudless nights!!!!!!
It is healthier to be mutton dressed as lamb, than mutton dressed as mutton!

JohnP

Fay - I don't think so seeing he is giving me a lift & carrying all your gear !!!!!! I'm thinking Chris might say that if you want to guarantee clear skies then there would be no better way for you to stay at home as he will be away...  :lol: :lol: :lol:

Fay

Only joking, John.

Perhaps Chris can go on a cloud management course, armed with a big blower!

Rocket Pooch

I think its a great idea, I'll stay here with all your kit, you lot can goto France and it will rain her, cool eh.

Anyway, its about time we all meet up to see if the kit will fit in the car, I might need to edit the size of the scopes, actually John, Fay & Jim do you have your target list yet, I do, you should think about it because it will define what kit you will take.

JohnP

Chris - I only have two scopes... I def want to take

EQ6Pro
MN56
ZS66
Atik16ic+SC3 & all bits & pieces..

I'll probably take EOS as well but this can go on my lap.... :-)

John

oh.. and lappy....

JohnP

QuoteOnly joking, John.

Phew... Fay! - & there's me thinking you were serious..... :-)

Fay

Cheis,

2 scopes
mount
dual plate
stool
table
about 4 equipment cases
lightbox
jumpstart (for EOS & lightbox)
big coat
boots

Fay

Tony G

You can just see it now!

Chris: 'Are you sure you packed the packed lunch John, I'm starving'
John: 'Its under Fays gear on the roofrack'
Chris: 'Bloody hell, most of that gear on top IS Fays'
John: 'I think Jim's Speedos are up there aswell, with the solar scope'
Chris: 'The thought of removing all that gear and Jim's speedos....... I'm not hungry anymore'
John: 'Are we nearly there yet!'
:lol:

"I'm normally not a praying man, but if you're up there, please save me Superman." - Homer Simpson