• Welcome to Orpington Astronomical Society.

News:

New version SMF 2.1.4 installed. You may need to clear cookies and login again...

Main Menu

hello again

Started by james, Jul 03, 2008, 20:39:46

Previous topic - Next topic

james

Hi all

Just thought I would say Hi again, I was a member back in 2002 (ish) however pressure of work and family life took its toll, and I did not have time for the hobby.  I have recently dusted off the old scope and started to take an interest again, it's amazing how easily it is to get hooked again.

I am already hacking my web cam to bits and fitting a telescope adapter, and drolling over various new telescopes and mounts.

Hopefully I will be able to start attending meetings and observing sessions again ( subject to obtaining all the corrected passes from the Boss)

all the best

James

Mike

Hi James,

I remember you. I think you were just about to get married or something the last we heard from you.

Good to hear from you and hopefully see you at a meeting or observing session soon.
We live in a society exquisitely dependent on science and technology, in which hardly anyone knows anything about science and technology. Carl Sagan

Ian

Me too. You came to the science museum with us IIRC, after seeing the 3D ISS film at the IMAX. Or am I thinking about someone else?

james

Yes that was me, gosh we have good memories I struggle with what I did last week.

I did get married and have two boys 3 yrd and 4 months which have been keeping me busy. Look forward to ssing you all at a meeting/observing session soon.

James

Mike

Quote from: james on Jul 04, 2008, 06:58:05
I did get married and have two boys 3 yrd and 4 months which have been keeping me busy.

Belated congratulations !!

Look forward to seeing you again soon James.
We live in a society exquisitely dependent on science and technology, in which hardly anyone knows anything about science and technology. Carl Sagan