• Welcome to Orpington Astronomical Society.

News:

New version SMF 2.1.4 installed. You may need to clear cookies and login again...

Main Menu

Deep Sky Camp - 1st August

Started by Mike, Jul 03, 2008, 06:39:40

Previous topic - Next topic

Carole

Just got back this afternoon.  We had a glorious sky on Friday evening - Mark's image on the Gallery attests to this, and even in the short time that it took to capture the laser drawings, star trails have formed.

There were about 6 tents, 2 caravans and a campervan while I was there, plus two who turned up for the evening/s only and we had a visit from Rose and Doug during the day. 

Saturday the sky cleared and we started with a good sky, but it clouded over later.  Lots of imaging done so expect lots of postings later.

Some rain, but the worst of it was at night.

Carole

Mike

Another excellent DSC with two really good nights. Even the DSC Virgin Liz enjoyed it !

We live in a society exquisitely dependent on science and technology, in which hardly anyone knows anything about science and technology. Carl Sagan

Daniel

Damn, gutted I missed this one, when's the next?

Carole

Fri 28th Nov - Mon 1st Dec

There is also the booking I am organising for Kelling Heath in April (see other "events" posting.  One of the darkest skies in England. 

But:
a) We need to book early.
b) If we don't all book at the same time we run the risk of not being together.
If you're interested I am making the booking by the end of August £10 per night, 3 nights = £30 per pitch.
I need the money upfront I'm afraid.

Already 4 pitches booked with 3 or 4 other interested.

Carole

duckling

Despite the wet start on Saturday, at least it cleared early evening and gave us a clear (ish) evening from 9.30 to 1 am.

A little less dew would have made it easier, but I for one, enjoyed it.

Thanks for making a non member feel welcome, will any of you be at Hurstmonceaux?

Phil