• Welcome to Orpington Astronomical Society.

News:

New version SMF 2.1.4 installed. You may need to clear cookies and login again...

Main Menu

Introduction

Started by PhilB, Apr 25, 2009, 20:25:30

Previous topic - Next topic

PhilB

Hi everyone, just a few lines to introduce myself.

I've been interested in astronomy for as long as I can remember and am a member of the BAA of several decades standing.

More recently I have joined the OAS, having attended several meetings and been very impressed with what they are doing.

I have several 'scopes and have now aquired an Imaging Source camera so I'm hoping to upload a few images once they are good enough.

Phil
"Never worry about theory as long as the machinery does what it's supposed to do."  Robert A. Heinlein

Mike

Nice one. Welcome to the OAS.

Please introduce yourself at the next meeting.
We live in a society exquisitely dependent on science and technology, in which hardly anyone knows anything about science and technology. Carl Sagan

Mac

greetings and welcome.
Mac.

The Thing

Welcome Phil, introduce yourself next meeting, I am the really tall bloke sitting at the back.

QuoteI have several 'scopes and have now aquired an Imaging Source camera so I'm hoping to upload a few images once they are good enough

Don't wait - I need some company amongst these fantastic imagers! ;)

PhilB

Quote from: Dunc on Apr 25, 2009, 23:49:30
Don't wait - I need some company amongst these fantastic imagers! ;)

It may take some time - last night I had real problems just finding the target and getting some sort of focus! :lol:
"Never worry about theory as long as the machinery does what it's supposed to do."  Robert A. Heinlein

Fay

Hi Phil. Take the bull by the horns & introduce yourself next time
It is healthier to be mutton dressed as lamb, than mutton dressed as mutton!

Ian

Fay, we don't do the bull/horn thing until we've decided a new member needs to be properly initiated. Beside, that's a DSC activity, High Elms take a dim view of large livestock being brought into BEECHE...