• Welcome to Orpington Astronomical Society.

News:

New version SMF 2.1.4 installed. You may need to clear cookies and login again...

Main Menu

God give me strength, any God!

Started by Fay, Jul 04, 2008, 08:56:51

Previous topic - Next topic

MarkS

Fay,

I didn't know you could hire time on the Hubble Space Telescope!!!    ;)

RobertM

Nice picture Fay, it's got a little to much detail for my liking though...

Daniel

Wow, that's gorgeous think that might be my next target, though doubt I'll get anywhere near as good as that love the contrast!

JohnP

OK Fay - So you've 'fooled' me... & I've even admitted it on a public forum....

Fay

I don't know whether to laugh or cry! I have a confession.

I redone & rotated my Pelican image, I deleted all subs & other images of it as I had had enough of it. The cropped pelican was the only one I kept, so I could see the best position to put it when I do it next.

I download professional images for my desktop, & somehow this one has got into the wrong folder. It was the only one there & I thought it was mine......not bloody Hubble's!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I thought it did not look so bad & am cheesed off that it was not mine, God knows how it got into my Canon folder. I thought it was suddenly looking not so bad. John it was not deliberate I am in a state of shock.
It is healthier to be mutton dressed as lamb, than mutton dressed as mutton!

JohnP

Fay - I'm in a state of shock that I actually thought it was yours.....!!!!  :lol:

JohnP

oh dear Fay - You've posted it on UKAI !!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Good luck getting out of it......

RobertM

Fay, I feel very sorry for you and your mixup but whata mistaka to maka ...

Expect a call from Russell Croman and Nick Syzmanic asking for advice and time on your telescope now ... you may achieve god like status briefly  :o

MarkS

Fay,

That's an incredible mistake to make!  Once you're over the shock this is a story that will remain in the annals of history ...

You'll look back and have a really great laugh about it!!!

Mark

Fay

I have just rung Ian King regarding bunched up stars in the corner of the Pelican.

I appears that the WO 0.8 fr/flattener will not be ok with the ED80/EOS setup, because the chip is larger than the SX & it was only designed for Focal Length of around 380mm. The ed80 is around 600mm.
The same as, the 0.25FR is only ok for webcams's etc & not the SX, because of chip size.

There will be vignetting with the 0.8FR, WO ZS66/ EOS/no room for cls filter, as direct coupling, because of chip size. Not sure if I noticed that before. Flat field should correct that. (I think I only used it in Tuesnoad) & did not need cls filter

When I used EOS/FR/2" tube, cls, WO ZS66, I could not get in close enough to focus on star. It was suggested buying a clip in cls filter, that you have, Robert, but leaving the 2" extension tube off.

The bottom line, as usual spending more money, was, a WO mk3 fr/flattener suitable for 600mm fl, £149, for the EOS/ ED80 setup.

Fay
It is healthier to be mutton dressed as lamb, than mutton dressed as mutton!

RobertM

Hi Fay,

The reason I got the clip filter was just that, it takes up no back focus and can also be used with camera lenses.  I also had to get a short canon-2" adaptor (truetek) to ensure the correct corrector to chip distance (+/- 1mm) with the Reducer Corrector.  Will find out whether it works sometime soon but at the moment I'm happy just using 200mm lens.

Robert