• Welcome to Orpington Astronomical Society.

News:

New version SMF 2.1.4 installed. You may need to clear cookies and login again...

Main Menu

Get those cameras out. The sky at the mo is fantastic

Started by Whitters, Aug 03, 2003, 21:29:00

Previous topic - Next topic

Whitters

NGC7000 The North American Nebulae
With the weather we have had over the past few weeks the sky has been washed clean, now for the next couple of days we can take advantage of those clean skies. Clean skies means less aerosol's and the light polutioon goes straight up rather tha being scattered back. This gives us darker skies and allows longer exposures.
This image of NGC7000 is a stack of thirty 30second exposures, using the Aero lens (101mm focal length) at f2 using a Starlite Xpress MX916 at 2x2 binned. I have still to work out how deep this image goes. Some thing to note is quite how BIG NGC7000 is.

Whitters

Other objects to note are the Pelican Nebulae IC5067/5070, Barnard 353 (Dark nebulae in NGC7000), IC 5068

Rick

And when you've got some good images, please send them in for the gallery! :wink:

Ian

Cracking mate. Are you sure you didn't get lost on the way home from work and end up in Tenerife?

Whitters

I am using an Infrared Block and Hydrogen Alpha photographic filter. The Ha filter does cut through the light polution, and much of an emmission nebula's light is in the Ha band.

Greg

Not only Texas, but also the whole of the Eastern Seaboard!!

Whitters

I rather like the Pelican's Googley eyes :eek:

[ This Message was edited by: Whitters on 2003-08-04 12:56 ]

Rick