• Welcome to Orpington Astronomical Society.

News:

New version SMF 2.1.4 installed. You may need to clear cookies and login again...

Main Menu

My first images of the Moon

Started by Carole, Jun 11, 2008, 00:30:36

Previous topic - Next topic

Fay

Carole, they are so good for your first success, you must be pleased. I will now leave my laptop etc at home now, tonight, as you look like you are on your way!

Fay
It is healthier to be mutton dressed as lamb, than mutton dressed as mutton!

Miriam

Nice pictures Carole.
I really must try to do some more, especially as my first picture had a lot of expert support!

Will I be able to remember everything I was told?

:o

Ian

Quote from: Miriam on Jun 15, 2008, 11:32:08
Will I be able to remember everything I was told?

:o

Not a chance, unless you're going to do it as often as John, Chris, Fay and Robert you'll have forgotten something the next time you go out.

What bugs me, is it's a different thing each time I go out. Random stuff just seems to fall out of my head :(

I've been meaning to write myself notes so I can remember the procedure. Trouble is, so far, I've forgotten that too...

Rocket Pooch

Carol,

They look good to me, the fuzzy edges are probably the drift you had in your alignment, the only possible improvement I think you could have made with these was to tweak the focus a little, the image look soft, but this comes with practice and there is no easy way to fix this.

Good pictures.

Chris

Carole

Thanks every-one, I thought they were not particularly good, but as I have had some positive feedback I am very happy for my first attempt.

Quotethe only possible improvement I think you could have made with these was to tweak the focus a little
Yes I did try to change the focus at the time, but this seemed to be the best I could achieve, either way it seemed to go OUT of focus rather than be sharper.

Still, as you all say, practice makes perfect.
QuoteI've been meaning to write myself notes so I can remember the procedure.
I do, especially for processing in Registax as the buttons that need to be pressed don't seem to bear any logic (to me anyway).

Carole