• Welcome to Orpington Astronomical Society.

News:

New version SMF 2.1.4 installed. You may need to clear cookies and login again...

Main Menu

All in all a good night for me

Started by Daniel, Jul 24, 2008, 11:50:31

Previous topic - Next topic

Rocket Pooch

Daniel,

With the ED80 I'll get my EOS out and use it with the AP reducer and see if there is any comma, also if you want to try it on the ED120 I'm more than welcome to let you have a go, it would get the ED120 to F5 and would therefore be quite quick.

Nice M16, esspecially considering where you are located.

Chris

Daniel

Thanks guys, yes I'll have to try the scope out on north american nebula where the stars are much denser, would love to try the focal reducer, i've been using the .63 meade one (not on this image) but did find I was starting to get some vignetting. Im looking round for some sort of flatenner which doesn't reduce aswell right now.

Fay

I think Bern at Modern Astronomy is getting flatteners only, in next week.
It is healthier to be mutton dressed as lamb, than mutton dressed as mutton!

Daniel

Oooh, oooh, oooh, got to get me one of those :D might be trying the field flattenner / reducer with the SCT tonight, thought I could get right close in on M16 even with the reducer

..............Oh, and it's my 200th post! :D

Fay

I will be out there tonight, l being well.
It is healthier to be mutton dressed as lamb, than mutton dressed as mutton!

Daniel

Hmmmmm, not looking great on met office website, looks like we may be getting a little rain too :( oh well I live in hope though might not take the SCT out tonight as taking that thing in in a rush would be a nightmare.